Ok, so it's my birthday in a little less than 2 weeks and I was considering getting a new overdrive pedal. I have a BOSS Super Overdrive (OD-2) and my amp (Line 6 Ax2 2x12) gets some pretty good bluesy distortion on it, but I was thinking of getting a higher quality pedal.

I had my eye on the Vox Satchurator, or one of the Blackstar HT series pedals. So tell me what you think. Also, nothing over $200.

Thanks guys.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
firstly wrong forum needs to go in the gear and accessories forum

secondly the satchurator is absolutly brilliant i`ve been using one for a year now without any issues, whilst it has more than enough gain to suit all genre`s it`s best suited for blues and hard rock but can cope with metal (pre st anger metallica era).

i have used it with a ss preamp and a valve amp it`s more suited to valves but worked well with the solid state.

ignore the fact that it is a sig pedal and concentrate on its sound. more importantly go try one.

oh i`ve also got the big bad wah which i reviewed for UG and bought that cos of the quality of the satchurator.
you may want to take this to the GG&A forum, you'll get a hell of a lot more help there.

EDIT: and definately a +1 for the satchurator
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Last edited by randomhero93 at Oct 11, 2009,
+1 on the Vox Satchurator

Great pedal, the More switch is great and the od/distortion is awesome for the price.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
I've been looking into buying some high quality boutique OD pedals as well, so this might help.
The paul Cochrane TIM Pedals ($165) are supposed to be amazing if you're looking for a clean boost/ low gain OD.
A couple other options would be the Hermida Zendrive ($199) or the Mosferatu ($199) which is a higher gain version.
The Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret ($159) for less gain or Supercharged Overdrive ($159) for higher gain.
Gear
Bogner Alchemist
Fender Eric Johnson Signature Strat
Fender ESM-10 Mini-Jumbo
BC Rich NJ Bich