I noticed how those guitarists next door in the guitar forum have their 7-String legion and i was thinking we should start something like that for 5/6 or higher string basses. So here it is, the official 5/6-String Legion. Post pics of your basses and and let those low B's and High C 's sing.

There's a link to the actual group in my sig. You can join that if you want to make it official.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Last edited by TrabenBassist22 at Oct 13, 2009,
5 stringers have become pretty common. I think a 6+ string would be more suitable.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
5 stringers have become pretty common. I think a 6+ string would be more suitable.

Yeah but i don't have a six string
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

Nah, us bassists are too laid back. And, teebs, 5ers and 6ers are common as muck compared to 7 string guitars. It would make more sense to have a 6< strings legion, but then again it would be more like a single 6< string guy, rather than a legion.
so if you guys don't think its gonna work just let me know cus i'll delete this, no harm done

No you don't have to actually do anything. This is just a place where we can, if you want to, post pics of your bass talk about it and whatever.

A 7< legion will be one guy with a Conklin and a bunch of dudes with 8-string basses strung like a 12-string guitar. I actually thought about this myself and I'd be glad to join.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Quote by cal1
A 7< legion will be one guy with a Conklin and a bunch of dudes with 8-string basses strung like a 12-string guitar. I actually thought about this myself and I'd be glad to join.

nono, that's tb I'd join, but it'll be better as a group.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
In all fairness, that's what the "Show Off Your Bass" thread is there for.

I think the idea is a group similar to that but specific to people with extended-range basses. That's like saying bass players should just post in the electric guitar forum because the bass is like a guitar.
Quote by RPGoof
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

Quote by cal1
I think the idea is a group similar to that but specific to people with extended-range basses. That's like saying bass players should just post in the electric guitar forum because the bass is like a guitar.

Now that's a bit of a silly comparison, since the bass isn't a guitar. A 7 string bass is still a bass. 5/6 strings are extremely common, and I like to think we're a bit more of a community than "them" and would like to discuss everyone's basses together.
this reeks of talkbass.

and it doesn't really seem to be working.

if we're gonna imitate Geezerland, at least do it proper. pics?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
this reeks of talkbass.

and it doesn't really seem to be working.

if we're gonna imitate Geezerland, at least do it proper. pics?

+100

I was just about to mention this, I don't think this forum wants the elitism of Tb and/or other forums. WE are an open community here, so it runs it a bit. Opinions are open and can be viewed not sanctioned.

But maybe to add something on topic, if and when i get my 6 string it will be tuned F#,B,E,A,D,G
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Well there is already a show off your bass thread, but maybe if people are particularly interested in basses with more than 4 strings....

Anyway, just in case people actually do want this thread to go ahead, we may as well actually have some pics.

My Cort Artisan A5:

Sorry if these came out too big for some people's liking.

EDIT: I still have the strings on it that it came with, because they still sound good to me, especially through the sansamp, but if anyone could identify what strings that actually are (possibly by the picture of the headstock?) I'd be much obliged. Also, any way of finding out the gauge of the strings, as I wouldnt want to have to adjust the truss rod? Is this what a feeler gauge is for?
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk
Last edited by cm261 at Oct 12, 2009,
Here she is, my Traben Phoenix. Some people say the flames are stupid but I like them

Now my Phoenix with my first bass, my Array

Last edited by TrabenBassist22 at Oct 12, 2009,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Now that's a bit of a silly comparison, since the bass isn't a guitar. A 7 string bass is still a bass. 5/6 strings are extremely common, and I like to think we're a bit more of a community than "them" and would like to discuss everyone's basses together.

You have a point there. A 5/6 string bass picture thread might make it easier to find specific pictures of these basses though.

And, since everybody else is doing it, pictures of my ERB:

Quote by RPGoof
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

Last edited by cal1 at Oct 12, 2009,