I made a drum track on guitar pro and I was wondering if its possible to Import that into Audacity, and if so how? Sorry, I'm new to this.
File, export, midi.
Open midi with Audacity.
I think that is the process.
Shawn George Noel
When i open midi's with audacity it never works, something about project sample rate and output device
Audacity can't actually open MIDI files, so you have to export as a WAV.

Bring the cursor to the beginning of the drum track, and mute the other tracks. I would suggest using RSE if you have it, because it will sound better. Then File>Export>WAV. Set the capture to Rec. Playback. GP5 will prompt you to press play, then automatically stop when the track is finished.

Hope that helps.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
If that doesn't work, just mic the beat into audacity.
Or just play it, if you drum, and have a set.
Shawn George Noel
yeah, thats about it i think. if you're only doing a drum track, the midi drums are actually alright, so it shouldnt do your head in too much to not have the RSE there.
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
or not. shows how much i know about audacity.
nick_b is currently obsessed with:
Pokemon
Pinch Harmonics
12/8 timing
7/8 timing
Lamb of God
Rise Against
Regina Spektor
Dream Theater
and many others...
nick_b, there is an edit button here?

I recommend you to try accostica beatcraft. MIDI drums really suck.
Quote by GisleAune
MIDI drums really suck.

I'd advise thinking that statement over. All electronic drums are MIDI. MIDI is just information sent to a sound producer (aka synthesizer). I think what you meant to say was that the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth sucks, as that is the default synth and yes it does sound bad. RSE is a better synth for GP5, without it, the default is used.
Even the best drum programs/plugins use MIDI. For example, EZDrummer takes a MIDI input and synthesizes it.
I recommend Hydrogen. It's easy to use, can export right to wav, and it's free.
If you use ARwizard, you can record all the parts WITH the RSE (realistic sound engine). That way you dont have to make it a MIDI, it will be an MP3 and have all the great sound effects.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by bass_boi_ftw
When i open midi's with audacity it never works, something about project sample rate and output device

you have to export as wave, and not midi. them it may work
Machine F**king Head \m/