Hey guys,

I am for importing a guitar from america into the UK. The guitar costs $399, the delivery is $150. I know the other charge that i will face is the fee that customs will take.

Can anybody tell me what percentage will i have to pay??

Thanks
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
VAT + I dunno, somewhere around 3-4%? that's what it used to be, anyway (bear in mind it's charged on the postage fee, too, plus you probably won't get the best exchange rates either, and will be charged commission on the currency exchange, too). For the most up to date info, check the link ibanezgod suggested. Usually it's best to budget for 25% of the total price, including postage, just so you aren't caught out (assuming my original figures were correct).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?