I'm thinking about getting the 6260 head & cab. I've seen some videos of the amp on YouTube, but of course, I'm going to try them out myself. Does anyone here have a 6260? Is it good for Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, and Queen music? Maybe some Metallica or The Darkness. I heard it has a Noise gate & it also has a solo channel & it's pretty cheap too.
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
bugera's are really geared towards metal, so for playing classic rock i wouldnt suggest it. however, the bugera 1990 or 1960, even maybe maybe the V would work for you.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
bugera's are really geared towards metal, so for playing classic rock i wouldnt suggest it. however, the bugera 1990 or 1960, even maybe maybe the V would work for you.

I'll look it up. Thanks
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
I have a Bugera 333XL. It's a good amp, but def. geared towards metal. Pretty much all Bugera's are. For Classic rock stuff I use a Vox Night Train with a Marshall jcm900 1960 series lead cab, and that works great, for a really good price.
The V series are similar to a Fender HRD and the 1960 is close to a Marshall Plexi.

The 6260 (based on the Peavey 5150, created by a certain Edward Van Halen) can do classic rock as well, it does all gain stages well IMO.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
The V series are similar to a Fender HRD and the 1960 is close to a Marshall Plexi.

The 6260 (based on the Peavey 5150, created by a certain Edward Van Halen) can do classic rock as well, it does all gain stages well IMO.

When I saw the Demos on YouTube I thought it sounded like it could do classic sounds pretty well. Thanks for the help
Quote by Xanron
I'm thinking about getting the 6260 head & cab. I've seen some videos of the amp on YouTube, but of course, I'm going to try them out myself. Does anyone here have a 6260? Is it good for Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, and Queen music? Maybe some Metallica or The Darkness. I heard it has a Noise gate & it also has a solo channel & it's pretty cheap too.

i have the 6262 head and it can do all those tones you mentioned all the way up to full on METAL shred...with tons of gain left over

the 6260/6262 has no noise gate(but i recomend getting a noise gate pedal like a MXR smart gate or a ISp decimTOR) on the amp or a solo channel.
its a 2 channel amp. channel 1 is clean with a crunch boost on it
channel 2 is the lead channel. each channel has its own eqs, pressence and reverb controls on the 6262. the 6260 shares a eq for both channels. the 6262 has 6 preamp tubes and 4 6l6 power tubes. the 6260 has 5 preamp tubes and 4 6l6 tubes for power

however the Bugera 333XL is the amp with the noise gate and XL(boost) switches(for the crunch and lead channels) and its a 3channel amp
Gear:
Mesa MK IV head
Mesa 4x12 cab(3)
Marshall JCM900 2100 SL-X
BBE 482i
ESP eclispe II
B52 At-100 head
MXR and Boss pedals
Sparow guitars
Peavey 5150 II modded
JJ electronic tubes

BUGERA USERS MILITIA