Ok I am generally new to guitar but have been working at learning Walk by Pantera.
I am not sure if it is would be like an effect thing or what so i dont know if i am looking for that or what. I know that the song Walk was down in 1 and a quarter step down so I know that. I guess overall I am looking for a pantera like sound.

If you can help thanks
What amp & guitar do you have? the sound mostly comes down to the amplifier. I think Dimebag used Krank amps & a Dean razorback
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
Last edited by Xanron at Oct 11, 2009,
aaaah. See i didnt know about the amp making a big difference. Thank you. Lol i am using some fender telecaster and a Roland 20X. This is the first stuff i have ever bought.
Quote by Xanron
What amp & guitar do you have? the sound mostly comes down to the amplifier. I think Dimebag used Krank amps & a Dean razorback

I think he used randall century ss heads for recording, because he liked how solid states distort.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Quote by Metallicafan300
aaaah. See i didnt know about the amp making a big difference. Thank you. Lol i am using some fender telecaster and a Roland 20X. This is the first stuff i have ever bought.

Your Telecaster & Roland won't exactly do the trick. You need humbuckers & your Tele has single coils. Rolands don't have enough distortion for Pantera sounds.
When you feel like getting a new guitar try looking at Deans, Schectors, ESP, and LTD guitars & some Krank, Bogner or a rectifier
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.