Do you plan on adding vocals on this ? Without, it tends to sound a bit repetitive.

And instead of always strumming the chords one after the other, try maybe picking some here and here individually, playing around with them. (listen to RHCP's Under the Bridge for example) It can make it stand out more.
Yeah i was going to add vocals. But I'm no vocalist lol so I was planning on having my friend help me or just try working on them by myself. idk lol but thanks for the help.
overall it sounds like it has a bit of feeling too it but like dukes said it gets a bit repetitive. whatever it is you have playing along with the guitar is barely audible ... beside adding the vocals .. I'ld add in some arpeggios either as another guitar or include it with your strumming
Quote by renk
overall it sounds like it has a bit of feeling too it but like dukes said it gets a bit repetitive. whatever it is you have playing along with the guitar is barely audible ... beside adding the vocals .. I'ld add in some arpeggios either as another guitar or include it with your strumming

Yeah I have another electric guitar playing single notes under the acoustic. I noticed it wasnt very loud, I'll remix it and update it right now.

EDIT: I just updated it.
Last edited by Saintonge at Oct 11, 2009,
Lol I when I recorded the vocals I had something turned low, so when I put them in FL Studio I put the mixer volume all the way up and its still quiet >.< I'll re-do them in the morning lol.
Make sure when you record the vocals you sing loud and confident.
I know I used to hate my voice and would sing low and it ended up sounding badly, because I was basically muttering into the microphone. Anyways, just turn the rhythm track (strumming) down a bit and/or turn the other tracks up. The rhythm track is too high in the mix... as a general rule, you will have the rhythm very low in the mix, compared to everything else. The vocal melody/lead instruments are what makes a song unique and memorable!
Quote by Riffdex
Make sure when you record the vocals you sing loud and confident.
I know I used to hate my voice and would sing low and it ended up sounding badly, because I was basically muttering into the microphone. Anyways, just turn the rhythm track (strumming) down a bit and/or turn the other tracks up. The rhythm track is too high in the mix... as a general rule, you will have the rhythm very low in the mix, compared to everything else. The vocal melody/lead instruments are what makes a song unique and memorable!

Thank you for taking the time to write all that! I really appreciate it. And yeah I cant stand my vocals, so hopefully I can make them sound better. Thanks again.
Quote by Saintonge
Thank you for taking the time to write all that! I really appreciate it. And yeah I cant stand my vocals, so hopefully I can make them sound better. Thanks again.

One thing you need to know too, is that, A LOT of people don't like the sound of their voice at first. This is due to a lot of factors. The fact of the matter is, ANYONE can sing well, it just takes practice and possibly lessons. I used to think I was naturally born with a terrible voice, and over time I've learned I was singing wrong. A lot of people think this too and just don't know the right way to sing! Get a vocal couch if you have to! Go online and read articles if you don't want to spend money... Take the chorus class at your school, do whatever u need to do to learn and get onto singing great asap =) And once you are confident with your voice, you will have no problem singing louder, and the vocals sounding great.
Hey man
The vocals were obviously recorded quietly (like mine man... I hate singing but I guess as Riffdex says it's just practice like anything else) and are fairly low in the mix, but it definitely seems like you've got a good voice in there mate, so hopefully that'll help you be a bit more confident next time.

The most important thing I would say at the moment is to mix up the strumming like UVER said. Just loosen it up a bit and think about the dynamics of emphasising different parts of the chord at different times and I think that'll make a huge difference.

Nice work man. Mind having a listen to mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21946629#post21946629
Yeah thank you guys very much! I will probably be redoing some of the recordings, Hopefully be able to polish this turd up =D I appreciate everyones input!
Did you record the vocals while playing? The vocals sound a little unsure, but I'm not sure if it's just the mic.

I think you need to add at least one more part to it, it's basically the same riff the whole song with the occasional solo notes or vocals.

If you'd C4C me I'd love it, my song is getting sort of lonely on the 6th page without any posts.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1211256
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398