On the bridge of my les paul the action on the 1-3 strings is low but the action on the 4-6 strings is higher. So the bridge looks kinda tilted. Is that bad for my guitar? I'm having no problems with it though
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
Quote by Xanron
On the bridge of my les paul the action on the 1-3 strings is low but the action on the 4-6 strings is higher. So the bridge looks kinda tilted. Is that bad for my guitar? I'm having no problems with it though

it's like that due to the higher strings (E B G) being smaller. it allows them to be closer to the neck for easier fretting. also it allows for less pickup adjustment.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by Crohny
it's like that due to the higher strings (E B G) being smaller. it allows them to be closer to the neck for easier fretting. also it allows for less pickup adjustment.

Yea but I adjusted it from being even to it being tilted. The lower strings cause alot of buzzing when I had them low. So when I finished adjusting, the action was uneven.
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
I don't think so, I have my low strings set up high, and my high strings set low so it is easier for bends
Quote by Xanron
Yea but I adjusted it from being even to it being tilted. The lower strings cause alot of buzzing when I had them low. So when I finished adjusting, the action was uneven.

you want the lower string side to be higher up. all my guitars are like that man. the lower strings are bigger so they need more hight to clear the frets so they dont buzz. as long as its not buzzing youre straight man.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
That is normal. Action on the bass side should always be slightly higher than on the treble side.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500