Thinking about picking up this really cheap acoustic guitar for a project guitar. Only $88 bucks.. not sure how its going to sound, but it really be just for show if i got it customized. http://www.edmwi.com/home/edm/page_919

I'm wondering what it would cost to do a custom job on it. Its a sick SG shaped acoustic-electric guitar , has a deluxe thin body with a double cutaway. Rosewood fretboard and bridge, with Spruce wood top and Sapele wood back.

I want to paint it black: the body, bridge, neck, headstock, all of it. Also while I'm at it, I really want to inlay the initials TM in opal or mother of pearl in the fretboard to replace the standard dots.

The only thing is is that I wouldn't be able to do any of that, especially the inlay. I don't have the knowledge or the tools, or the time

Tell me what you think.

Should I buy?
Sound like a good plan?
Estimated cost?
Last edited by .:.MetaLLIcA.:. at Oct 11, 2009,
well i dont know about its acoustic sound, but its electro acoustic, so aslong as you have a decent acoustic amp itll sound fine, if its still doesn't sound 100% swap out the electronics and put in a fishman set

EDIT: if your buying it just to do those mods dont buy it, if u want to learn to mod guitar and repaint ect, buy a cheap old classical or something, and repaint that a few times, you can get a stag classical for like 40 bucks,
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Last edited by bananahammock at Oct 11, 2009,
You should make it look like this:
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
haha yeaa JBles! Thats actually why i started looking for one because of the POD!

@bananahammock
well you make a good point, but seeing as you are only 15.. Anyways, why not buy it just for the mods? Itll look sick as ****! and if it sounds good, then bonus!
Still.. no ones said anything about how much it would cost. Anyone know or can just throw out a guess-timate?
Im thinking of going to a custom shop, so if its too much I dont want to buy the guitar, even if it is pretty cheap.

Thx

[][][]
Any custom shop would charge a ton for it, plus i wouldn't paint a acoustic, their pretty fragile when it comes to tone.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.