so i've got a boss tu-12. i bought it on ebay 3 months ago

from all i've read its supposed to be verrrry accurate, but mine isn't.

first of all, the needle doesn't match up with the leds, the leds will say perfect, needle is way off, and vice versa.

what could it be? i got a new battery.

its always a little out of tune still

any ideas why?
forget my last post. didn't fix it. it helped them line up a little, but the needle will say its perfect on and the lights will say off, ad the lights will say perfect and needle will be off. heres two pics of eac example

That is pretty much what to expect with a non-strobe tuner, in my experience. Get this http://www.turbo-tuner.com/

I switched recently and cannot believe how much easier it is to use, how accurate it is, and how much better my guitar sounds after resetting my Les Paul's intonation with the Turbo tuner after first attempting it with a Boss.
Quote by Chetbango
That is pretty much what to expect with a non-strobe tuner, in my experience. Get this http://www.turbo-tuner.com/

I switched recently and cannot believe how much easier it is to use, how accurate it is, and how much better my guitar sounds after resetting my Les Paul's intonation with the Turbo tuner after first attempting it with a Boss.

thanks.... but i cant buy a new tuner. im 14, and have about 14$ to my name. i got this at a good deal
Quote by nathanlamb01098
thanks.... but i cant buy a new tuner. im 14, and have about 14$ to my name. i got this at a good deal

Fair enough. After reading your post again, it probably shouldn't be reading that different. Try using just the needle and ignore the lights. Then check it against a free online guitar tuner. If it checks out OK, then use that. If it doesn't sound right, try it using just the lights.
Quote by Chetbango
Fair enough. After reading your post again, it probably shouldn't be reading that different. Try using just the needle and ignore the lights. Then check it against a free online guitar tuner. If it checks out OK, then use that. If it doesn't sound right, try it using just the lights.

heres the thing, im gonna start using it live, at youth group in the dark lit room

i dont have enough for a pedal tuner, so i built a a/b box, and have tuner on one output, and amp on the other.
Quote by nathanlamb01098
heres the thing, im gonna start using it live, at youth group in the dark lit room

i dont have enough for a pedal tuner, so i built a a/b box, and have tuner on one output, and amp on the other.

Then use just the lights and compare it to a free online tuner. Hopefully they will be spot-on. For a free online tuner that suits your needs, type "free online tuner" in a search engine and find one that works for you.