Hi, I'm looking to buy a decent quality Les Paul. I play new Green Day mostly, then a bit of Muse and Strokes mixed in there too. I also am looking for one with a good neck pickup to do jazz. My budget is $800-900. Thanks!
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
Quote by stratomaster15
Hi, I'm looking to buy a decent quality Les Paul. I play new Green Day mostly, then a bit of Muse and Strokes mixed in there too. I also am looking for one with a good neck pickup to do jazz. My budget is $800-900. Thanks!

What is your amp?
Quote by darkcheef
What is your amp?

after inspecting his profile, he has a Blues Jr. and an MG.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Marshall 5120 and a Fender Blues Jr.

Edit: Well yeah I have an MG but I also have the 5120 :P
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Blues Jr.
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

THE WHO
I'll start off by saying, no to the Les Paul as a whole. Look into buying a solid PRS instead. They play way better and can achieve far sexier/diverse tones.
Any of the pricier Epis are sick man. The newer epis are really solid guitars. I play mostly Epi and I really like them. Just go to a local guitar center or store that carries Lps and try a whole bunch. Thats the best way to do it.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by Progis8strings
I'll start off by saying, no to the Les Paul as a whole. Look into buying a solid PRS instead. They play way better and can achieve far sexier/diverse tones.

That's all opinion. Also, most PRS have the same wiring as a Les Paul, so I'm sure a Les Paul can get the same diverse tones. If the PRS has a coil split, then you can coil split your Gibson, etc etc.

TS, look into higher end Epis, Edwards, and other Les Paul copies or budget guitars.

Another idea for that type of music would be strats or telecasters.
Quote by Progis8strings

PRS's sound like PRS's and Les Paul's sound like Les Pauls. If TS wants a Les Paul tone, he will only get it by getting a Les Paul. I agree with you in that most PRS guitars I've played have played better than LPs I've played, but there are always exceptions.
i think the guitarist from green day uses a les paul jr so look into those. they should be right in your price range too
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
Your best bet is to look for a used Gibson Les Paul. I spent the whole afternoon scouting used guitars from the classifieds and a couple music shops here and in NH. I came across some great deals on several nice Les Pauls a few Standards, Customs, one Supreme and one LP Sudio. I wish I could have bought them all!!! I made a pretty low offer on the Supreme in Rootbeer the guy called me twice now and has come down quite a bit but still not enough to what I am willing to pay. His original price was $2200.00 he claims there is the exact same one on Ebay for $3000.00 but that is the kiss of death as far as I am concerned. Anyway with what your willing to pay you can find a very nice Les Paul used if you look. You have a few guitars so you don't need one ASAP. I live in New England and there are a lot of deals in this area if your willing to travel. I hate to say it but the new ones I tried just were not that great. If you want a new one try as many as you can.

John
Quote by SoLgEr
i think the guitarist from green day uses a les paul jr so look into those. they should be right in your price range too

this, but you should try it before buying...
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Crohny
Any of the pricier Epis are sick man. The newer epis are really solid guitars. I play mostly Epi and I really like them. Just go to a local guitar center or store that carries Lps and try a whole bunch. Thats the best way to do it.

^yup. the epi lp ultra ll is $700 and all you need
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
I totally forgot Billie Joe actually has a Signature Gibson LP Junior so I would imagine if you really do a lot of Greenday that would be the choice. He gave Conan O'Brien one as a gift for his first Tonight Show.

John
To be honest man, don't buy a Les Paul just because it's a Les Paul. Go to as many music shops that are available to you. Play a bunch of different guitars. Gibson, Epi, Fender, Ibanez, PRS. Play 'em all and really try to find the one (no matter what brand, color, shape ect..) fits your playing style the best. You'll know when you pick it up my man..... Good Luck to you...