Are there any high-gain, multi-channel amplifiers that have pots for things like attack and other tonal variants that are normal adjusted by.. buying entirely new amplifiers? Something tube, though.

If you don't understand what I'm saying, compare the 'metal' tones of a Mesa Triple-Rectifier and a Peavey JSX - the Mesa's tone is much more clunky and rough sounding, as opposed to the JSX's smooth distortion. Some prefer one or the other, or a mixture of both, but I've never seen an amplifier that I can remember that had an adjustable setting for things like this.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
I can't think of any. The closest thing to spring to my mind is to have a rack setup with several preamps and poweramps.

Second idea is to get something like the AxeFX with a tube poweramp. I'm not sure how accurately that thing mimics attack, sag and such though.
WTLTL 2011
There's an amp called the Peavey Penta that has a Rotary Knob that switches the style of the preamp. You can go from Texas clean to California mean apparently.

Your best bet is to find a multi-channel amp that has different voicings on each channel or you could go rack like suggested.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Honestly, i think you are looking for the best amp in the world.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by SOADriff
Honestly, i think you are looking for the best amp in the world.

Agreed.

You could use a volume pedal to control attack, if that helps. Maybe a bunch of rack gear too.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
I know the Blackstar HT-5 has a knob to go from a British tone/attack to an American one, but it isn't really high gain...
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
I think the rebel 20 does also go from british to american, well 6v6 to el84 tubes I thinl, but its not high gain.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Huh. Well, are the characteristics of attack, sag, etc. caused by differences in tubes or differences in the wiring set-ups of each amp?
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Firequacker
Huh. Well, are the characteristics of attack, sag, etc. caused by differences in tubes or differences in the wiring set-ups of each amp?

Some of it has to do with what is used for a rectifier. Generally, tube rectifiers create 'sag' and SS rectifiers don't create a noticable sag and are tighter.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
My amp (Genz Benz in sig) has a pot for adjusting the attack setting, 3 band active EQ's and another pot called "Tube Contour" which changes the tone from American-esque feel to British (best way I can describe it).
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Last edited by James13v at Oct 12, 2009,
Randall RM100M with different high gain modules.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
what is your budget?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
The new JSX 50 Watt head that is coming out, has a 6 way adjustable attack control, so I think that is exactly what you are looking for? Check it out.
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Peavey JSX w/ Saxon 2x12 (Eminence Governor's)
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by Mark G
I can't think of any. The closest thing to spring to my mind is to have a rack setup with several preamps and poweramps.

Second idea is to get something like the AxeFX with a tube poweramp. I'm not sure how accurately that thing mimics attack, sag and such though.

Randall MTS Different modules for different tones. The "attack" the TS is referring to is most likely just the nature of the amp's circuitry, and you can get roughly any sound out of the Randall MTS if you want to. Especially with an RM4 and RT2/50 setup so you can have higher density on your 6L6 side for your Mesa tones and lower density on the EL34 side for your JSX-ish tones.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Randall MTS Different modules for different tones. The "attack" the TS is referring to is most likely just the nature of the amp's circuitry, and you can get roughly any sound out of the Randall MTS if you want to. Especially with an RM4 and RT2/50 setup so you can have higher density on your 6L6 side for your Mesa tones and lower density on the EL34 side for your JSX-ish tones.

Marshall module =/= real marshall preamp
engl module =/= real engl preamp

Gets close sure, but with the option I'd rather get the real thing(s).

OP neglected to post a budget so I'm going all out
WTLTL 2011
out of what i've tried, genz benz el diablo and brunetti xlr-evo come to mind.

i guess you could say engl se and mesa roadking, but then they're both the price of 2 amps...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
out of what i've tried, genz benz el diablo and brunetti xlr-evo come to mind.

i guess you could say engl se and mesa roadking, but then they're both the price of 2 amps...

I could get 4 ENGL Blackmores for the price of 1 ENGL SE
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Dave_Mc
o

a new roadking only costs 2200

or was that a roadster
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
^ not here they don't, they're about £3000 here, which is at least $5,000. o_O EDIT: make that £3200 (I just checked), which at current exchange rates, according to xe, is pretty much exactly $5k.

Quote by Mark G
I could get 4 ENGL Blackmores for the price of 1 ENGL SE

touche
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Oct 12, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
a new roadking only costs 2200

or was that a roadster

About 4000 euro here.

*edit*

3800 if I import from germany.
WTLTL 2011
bogner ecstacy would be another one (depending on the model and version), but again it's the price of two amps here.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by TheQuailman
I would.
And get the SE on top of that.

I would probably get a nice rack setup with preamps from various brands along with a MIDI switcher and a G major 2.

And still spend less.
WTLTL 2011
Quote by DTay47
The new JSX 50 Watt head that is coming out, has a 6 way adjustable attack control, so I think that is exactly what you are looking for? Check it out.
+1
Although I believe this amp has been shelved for the time being. It may be reintroduced with a different name.
It does sound like what the thread starter is asking about. A voicing preamp dial with 5 different attack positions plus 2 6550 tubes at 50 watts, and 2 independent channels. Sounds killer.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Mark G

No worries about budget, I just want to know. Also, if I'm going to find my Holy Grail amplifier, I'm not going to care much about the price.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by CullenT
Randall RM100M with different high gain modules.

+1

Quote by Mark G

modules can be modded
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Check out a Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mark II.

Basically they claim it is 3 amps in one and 2 channels in each amp.

Basically amp 1, with 2 different channels (gain controls) so 2 cleans, 2 medium gains, 2 high gains. Basically the different between the gains being 1 a british style and the other american. Or thats what i get from people who have reviewed it and my research.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust