Page 1 of 3
It's coming. Expect to see an official promo on gibson.com soon.

Who's looking forward to this?

"As part of Gibson’s Rocktober celebrations, Gibson will also launch and promote Signature Series guitars from stars including Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath), Dethklok, Buckethead, Epiphone Triumph Bass & more."

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/hellfire-102/
Last edited by bubbamc119 at Oct 11, 2009,
despite gibsons antics, i am very unconvinced. come back when u have a link.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
I would've jizzed in my pants.
But there's no proof...
And it's improbable seeing as Buckethead uses custom-wound DiMarzio's and Gibson has no relations with them whatsoever.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Quote by MicahChaney
This

that. seriously, i got really excited when i saw the thread title
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.

(to the facepalm pic)

despite how badass his guitar his, i think sig guitars take away a lot of originality that guitarist has made for himself when u see their guitars everywhere. make one urself if ur that desperate to copy someone.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
The link: http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/hellfire-102/

Quote by Gibson
As part of Gibson’s Rocktober celebrations, Gibson will also launch and promote Signature Series guitars from stars including Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath), Dethklok, Buckethead, Epiphone Triumph Bass & more.

Not a whole lot of info yet, but it is true.
Quote by DotSick
*epic facepalm picz*

win

Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
You want proof?

Here;

"As part of Gibson’s Rocktober celebrations, Gibson will also launch and promote Signature Series guitars from stars including Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath), Dethklok, Buckethead, Epiphone Triumph Bass & more."

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/hellfire-102/

Get ready bitches!!!

Quote by JagerSlushy
But there's no proof...
And it's improbable seeing as Buckethead uses custom-wound DiMarzio's and Gibson has no relations with them whatsoever.

At least one of his white les paul's has a Gibson 496R/500T set - that will probably be in the signature spec.
Last edited by bubbamc119 at Oct 11, 2009,
I think the Zakk Wylde "Coffin" guitar looks cool. Not cool like I'd want one, but cool because it's different. I hate the bullseye designs, but I'm sure the play just fine.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Can we keep this on topic please. If you want to discuss the Zakk models, why not start a thread?
Quote by bubbamc119
Can we keep this on topic please. If you want to discuss the Zakk models, why not start a thread?

Because there is already about a thousand million other threads on it already...

Chill, he was just saying something.

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I skimmed through this like 6 times before i actually found it. It says so at the very bottom of the article just above about monster
I'm expecting it to be based on this model;

Anyone got any decent pics of that guitar?

Specs are 24 frets, long scale, enlarged chambered body with binding, no inlays, ebony board, 2x arcade style switches, white headstock.
Quote by JagerSlushy
But there's no proof...
Um... they could just slap a set of Dimarzios into the signature guitar. They did the same with several other signature models.
This makes me happy, as he's very deserving. That said though I can't afford it, so I only have two things I want to see in this guitar;

1. An easily copied killswitch design.
2. The Stormtrooper helmet knobs so I can buy a pair off eBay for my tele.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
oh ok, well good luck being an awesome player because you have a buckethead fake not even the same, copy made to be sold to the wannabees--- do you get it-- it will not be the same as his stuff- his are custom made-- yours will be mass produced junk with his screenprinted signature---
Quote by brokenarrow5
oh ok, well good luck being an awesome player because you have a buckethead fake not even the same, copy made to be sold to the wannabees--- do you get it-- it will not be the same as his stuff- his are custom made-- yours will be mass produced junk with his screenprinted signature---

Do you dribble in every signature thread?
Quote by brokenarrow5
signature guitars are pretty silly if ya ask me

Like that stupid Les Paul sig. Just because he's dead they have to go exploiting it and making like at least 100 different models of his sig, they're just exploiting his death.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by al112987
Um... they could just slap a set of Dimarzios into the signature guitar. They did the same with several other signature models.

Exactly Caparison pretty much use their own pickups in all their guitars except for the signature guitars which have SD pickups (CA model) or Dimarzio pickups (MJR Mode)

Quote by brokenarrow5
signature guitars are pretty silly if ya ask me

Not all of them are silly.
Quote by necrosis1193
2. The Stormtrooper helmet knobs so I can buy a pair off eBay for my tele.
Haha, I remember me and my friend saw one of those being sold in a shop the other day. At least now I know it wasn't just some random Japanese thing
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
This is embarrassing but I don't even know who Buckethead is. I just had to look it up on wikipedia. What an odd bird.
On another note - I would like a Brendon Small Explorer.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by Commodor 64
This is embarrassing but I don't even know who Buckethead is. I just had to look it up on wikipedia. What an odd bird.

Coming from one C64 lover to another, look into his music. I'm sure there will be plenty that you like.
Dethklok-.-

Anyways, Gibson only tries to sell stuff :-/
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Quote by bubbamc119
No one is asking you.

..You did, when you made this thread. This is a thread about Buckethead's new signature. He said he doesn't like signatures. Perfectly valid post.

And don't bump threads after just a few hours.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I'd look at that Dethklok one.

Quote by Axeaman
Dethklok-.-

Anyways, Gibson only tries to sell stuff :-/

Doesn't every company do that?
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Quote by learningplayer
I'd look at that Dethklok one.

Doesn't every company do that?

Yes and no. Most companies have to sell their products, obviously. However, Gibson's prices are way over the top for even their good stuff. I was GASing for one of their ES335 reissues or the '59 reissue, till I saw it was almost $5,000. Even with the economy messed up, Gibson has always had insane prices.

Also, most of those statements of Gibson being in it only for the money and not what the players want kinda blew up out of proportion after the Hendrix Signature Stratocaster that was talked about recently.

As for the topic, since the TS became all defensive when I asked proof. If you're going to start a topic without giving the people who will reply any proof, they're going to call you out. Buckethead is a fantastic player, but he uses modded and custom Gibsons. While most signature Gibsons are just standard Gibsons with either a thicker or thinner neck, some different pickups, and different paint jobs.
I'm a little more pumped for the Dethklok model tbh.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
Haven't seen an Iommi Gibson in a while.
I really hope they go to town on the Buckethead model though; to be fair to them, I suspect they will to some degree, because they're far less conservative than, say, fender, even if it does result in things like the Reverse V.
Im very looking forward on the Explorer.

But i think it´d be just a Black Explorer with Gibson 81/85 EMG Copys on them.
And prolly sold for like 2 grand.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Page 1 of 3