So I've narrowed down to two guitars for my price range.

RGR421exfm: $449.99
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/ibanez/rgr421exfm/index.html

(Would need to special order it, so i havent actually played it yet)

or

LTD KH-202: $469.99
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/electric_guitars/esp/ltd_kh-202/index.html

I just played this today, it seemed pretty nice, I like the sound of the emgs on it, but would down the road probably replace the 60 with an 85 to have an 81/85 setup. It plays nice, a little bit different then my rg120 now, but I could definitely get used to it.

I just want overall thoughts and opinions on the two, please.
At the moment I'm currently leaning towards the LTD, to try something new and because I've gotten to try it out.
If you get the KH, be warned. You'll hate yourself a few months down the road.

Ibanez ftw.

e-d-i-t

LTD trems crap out even faster than Edge 3's.
Last edited by enselmis at Oct 11, 2009,
Quote by enselmis
If you get the KH, be warned. You'll hate yourself a few months down the road.

Elaborate for me my good friend.
according to guitar center website though and not esp website, the KH comes with ESP LH301 pickups, not 60/81.
Quote by deucedeucemr2
according to guitar center website though and not esp website, the KH comes with ESP LH301 pickups, not 60/81.

The KH-202 I think has always come with passive pickups of some sort due to their sheer cheapness. Either the model you played wasn't a KH-202 or it was modified to have EMG active pickups, you should double check to make sure you aren't playing the KH-602 model

Anyway you need to know if you want to have a floyd rose or a hardtail bridge. The floyd rose does have certain advantages and also disadvantages which you should learn.
Yeah, 202s dopnt come with 81s, they have the shit ones. Ive tried one and tbh they suck compared to EMGs, so in terms of p/up quality the RG wins hands down.
Ive played a KH 602 (the model up) and that was good, but dunno about the 202.
RG is a good safe bet tbh.
Proud Bugera User

Quote by Melodic_Rocker
Cameron's movies have the creativity and quality of a potato with chlamydia.

Quote by Absent Mind
Lady GaGa is rare but would you pay money for her?

-MD Les Paul
-Bugera 6262
-Laney 2x12