I'm in love.... with an Engl Invader 100 head.

I'm at uni on a full scholarship and working part time so i get to keep all of my earnings. I'm currently saving up for an Engl. But the problem is that is gonna set me back roughly AU $4500!! Now I can save up enough money easily enuf by middle of next year but it just feels like so much money to spend on smth like an amp.. I am not at all considering being a musician as a career (not professionally, definetly will gig on the side). So is the Invader too professional and high end??

I cud spend half the money and get an Engl screamer combo which I also like and which seems more sensible considering I have 2 more years at uni to get over with. But the problem with that is.... its still not an Invader.. In the end this might mean I buy an Invader much later which would mean I end up spending more money since i bought a screamer then an invader (even if i sold the screamer off)...

So UGers.. what would u guys do? Am I overthinking this?
wait.

it will be worth it
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Who cares if you'll be using it professionally? You don't have to be a nationally touring musician to have good gear.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Buy a used one. Probably get it for half the full price. For high end **** like this, it doesn't really make a difference whether it's new or used, as long as it works.

In the end it's really up to you though. Just decide how much you care about guitar and decide whether you can actually afford it, or whether it's just a wish.
Quote by enselmis
Buy a used one. Probably get it for half the full price. For high end **** like this, it doesn't really make a difference whether it's new or used, as long as it works.

In the end it's really up to you though. Just decide how much you care about guitar and decide whether you can actually afford it, or whether it's just a wish.

In 5 years time when a used Invader finally turns up in Aus it will be sniped in 5 seconds. Seriously unless you're buying an MG or a Line 6 used just isn't a realistic option in Australia lol
Yeah used isnt really an option over here. Either Engl's just rnt popular here (yet) or once ppl buy them they dont want to part. I've been stalking ebay for some time now and only seen two Engl's ever up there. A screamer and a ritchie blackmore signature (which is still there)... Surprisingly (or not?) there seem to be quite a lot of mesas popping up every other week. specially dual rec solo ones.
Quote by AxSilentxLine
The Screamer is probably Joe_K's one lol

Yeah he offered it to sell it to me. But still haven't fully decided on whether screamer or invader. Am leaning more towards shellin out the 4 grand for the invader thats why havent taken up on Joe_K's offer.