and how would you rate him as a guitarist?is he the best technical player?or are there better players in that respect?
paul gilbert. period.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Boss ME-70
Martin DC-1E
Peavey Classic 30
Greer Amps Relic Drive

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

Drown out the noise...
... KILL DURDEN!
The terms "better" and "best" are highly subjective. This thread= Fail.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Shawn Lane is more technical than him :P, everything else is really really opinionated and subjective
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
shawn lane does some pretty crazy stuff.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Boss ME-70
Martin DC-1E
Peavey Classic 30
Greer Amps Relic Drive

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

Drown out the noise...
... KILL DURDEN!
i rate him as: N/A because i don't listen to him
guitarists better than him i also rate: N/A because the act of being "better" is completely different depending on who is doing the rating.

close the thread. subjective thread is objectively subjective.
Hard to say, considering how diverse Buckethead is. I absolutely love his Electric Tears album. Just plain beautiful. But of course there is God. Or as some people like to call him: Vai. One of my personal favorites is Jason Becker. He's one of the best composers I've ever heard. And then there's Shawn Lane. And plenty of others.
once you're a commonly heard name, it all comes down to who's music you like better. i'm not gonna throw my guitarists name out there but everything you see in here will just end up in a fight...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by MetalUpYourRear
Oh, and Herman Ri.

No, just no.

It's hard to think of a better guitarist in Buckethead's style, Shawn Lane comes to mind. However, if you restrict the genre to classical, jazz or metal you will find better players for that style.
Is that the guy with the Chucky mask and the box of chicken on his head?
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Unfortunately there is no best guitarist as many have stated.

For Technical/speed/accuracy I consider Petrucci, Gilbert, Vai, Satriani, Shawn Lane, Michael Angelo, Rusty Cooley, Al Di Meola, Allen Holdsworth, could all play on buckethead's level.

As far as songs written, musical composition, and emotion it's debatable. If someone said Jimmy Page or Stevie Ray Vaughn was better I wouldn't argue. I wouldn't necessarily agree because it's all personal opinion.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio