So i'm checkin' out The EGNL Fireball 60 watt, probably gonna purchase one in the future.

But then i saw the 100 watt version. What are the tonal differences? I know the 100 watt has a mid boost switch, lead volume knob, and separate gain knobs for each channel, but are there any differences other than those?
Thanks.
Quote by Kanthras
Awww, that tiny wittle head looks adorable on that cab..

*Krank amp turns on*

AAAAAUUGHHH TEH CRUSHING OVERDRIVE aSDJKANHFUILGN
its not gonna be that noticeable if they have any differences
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Okay thanks Alf. I think i'll go with the 60 watt.The $300 price difference doesn't seem like it's worth it to me.
Quote by Kanthras

*Krank amp turns on*

Quote by Generak777
Okay thanks Alf. I think i'll go with the 60 watt.The $300 price difference doesn't seem like it's worth it to me.

IMO the Mid boos will come in handy
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
IMO the Mid boos will come in handy

which i would assume you could compensate with a g-eq in the fx loop of the 60-watt'er
I think it would too, cuz i love mids in my br00talz. I'm just not not sure if that justifies the price difference.
Quote by Kanthras

*Krank amp turns on*

Quote by sethp
which i would assume you could compensate with a g-eq in the fx loop of the 60-watt'er

I would assume the same thing. And an eq would be much cheaper.. Haha
Quote by Kanthras

*Krank amp turns on*

I own one (60W that is). Not a one-trick-pony, but not as versatile as others. The cleans are nothing impressive, but with some nice effects they can sound pretty good. You can also get a nice overdrive by boosting the gain on the clean channel. By setting the gain pretty low on the "ultra gain" channel (aka lead) you can achieve a good crunch tone, which surprised me. It gets to the br00t4lz pretty fast though, I got my gain knob set on 3. Not the best amp for playing live, but can still serve as a good power amp for a futur midi setup. If you're after the tone it delivers, you'll be more than pleased.
Thanks for the info man! Yeah it's the tone that i'm after.. Haha.
What do you mean by, "Not the best amp for playing live,"?
Quote by Kanthras

*Krank amp turns on*

For playing live, I mean you only get one EQ and one gain knob, so basically you have 2 channels and you must use the same EQ to make them sound right. If you play linear stuff (that's not negative) and always have the same tone for every song, well that's not a problem.

There's also this "thing" about Fireball and Powerball not cutting through a mix, mainly because they don't have enough mids supposedly. I still think there's a way to make any gear come through in a band situation, especially if the band members know what they're doing and don't act like jackasses (aka I want to be louder than you)
Quote by Business
For playing live, I mean you only get one EQ and one gain knob, so basically you have 2 channels and you must use the same EQ to make them sound right. If you play linear stuff (that's not negative) and always have the same tone for every song, well that's not a problem.

There's also this "thing" about Fireball and Powerball not cutting through a mix, mainly because they don't have enough mids supposedly. I still think there's a way to make any gear come through in a band situation, especially if the band members know what they're doing and don't act like jackasses (aka I want to be louder than you)

Yeah, the single eq wouldn't be a problem for me, cuz i'm using distortion 99% of the time, and i don't really like to mess with the eq once i have a good sound dialed in.

Yeah, i'm sure it could cut through. I hate band members like that.. Haha. I'm planning on eventually running the fireball in stereo with my Krank.
Quote by Kanthras

*Krank amp turns on*

Quote by sethp

true but there is more Headroom on the 100w.

but TS either amp you get can do teh br00tz
feel free to add me
From what everyone is saying the 100w is quite a different beast then the 60w version. Mainly mids, tone and headroom. Its a more versatile amp now and pretty much fixed most of the complaints about the original. The 60w I tested was nice but I couldn't get past the mid's issue and headroom so I passed it up, now the 100w version has perked my interests up. But in the end they are different amps and you truly just need to test them out.
I would imagine using less distortion would also help with the cutting problem... Adjust just to the point of saturation and let your pick attack and master volume take it the rest of the way. Add the EQ into the mix and BAM!

But sometimes this can't even help. I'd go for the 100 watter to be safe honestly.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Hmm.. I will think about this. Thanks guys!
Quote by Kanthras

*Krank amp turns on*