Page 1 of 2
Hey pitches (like pit bitches get it? haa i suck) anwyay, DISTRICT 9!!! i watched it last night after hearing alot of mixed reviews and i gotta say man, that movie is ****ing awesome. I've been waiting for a new movie to come out that doesnt suck for a looooong ****in time and i reckon this didnt dissapoint BUT heaps and heaps of people have flamed it and said that it sucks and is boring as **** which i just dont understand. I mean its one huge metaphor that sums up all the political **** thats gone down in the past few years in a fairly piss taking kinda way with a tight ****in story to boot. Man i dunnno are people just idiots who crave ****ty hollywood action and crass jokes or do i just have unusual tastes.. TELL ME!!!!
Quote by faint_spirit

^^^And I think you mean gateway drug. Not portal. If drugs were to create portals to other drugs, it would be pretty ****ing awesome.
i just shot some heroin does that count as calm
Quote by faint_spirit

^^^And I think you mean gateway drug. Not portal. If drugs were to create portals to other drugs, it would be pretty ****ing awesome.
To be honest, I thought it sucked.

All my friends liked it though. It just seemed very boring to me

and the main character's accent was very annoying.

"fooking prawns"
Gear:
'50s National Archtop
Squier Classic Vibe '60s Tele
Squier Affinity Strat
Gibson Melody Maker
Vox AC-15
50s Stella Parlor Acoustic

MOAR FIRST ACT
I was there
Quote by Sz_Shredder...
Man i dunnno are people just idiots who crave ****ty hollywood action and crass jokes or do i just have unusual tastes.. TELL ME!!!!

Did you not watch the last half of the film then?
Quote by ilikeguitar90

"fooking prawns"

The south african accent is beautiful!
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by ilikeguitar90

"fooking prawns"

South African accent mate. It's not like he's the only person that talks like that.
Quote by ilikeguitar90

"fooking prawns"

the main character was south african so of course his accent was annoying, its like the missing link between new zealand and australian accents. Kind of like myself..
Quote by faint_spirit

Quote by webbtje
Did you not watch the last half of the film then?

yeah but i dunno dude it wasnt like your stereotypical one liner blow up everyone with a single grenade bull****. and plus if youve seen any of peter jacksons early films then you know he just had to put a bunch of gore in there somehow. thats like grass roots **** for that guy.
Quote by faint_spirit

Quote by chaoticfables
Definitely.

yeah it will until about an hour from now.. cold, so cold..
Quote by faint_spirit

Quote by Sz_Shredder...
yeah but i dunno dude it wasnt like your stereotypical one liner blow up everyone with a single grenade bull****. and plus if youve seen any of peter jacksons early films then you know he just had to put a bunch of gore in there somehow. thats like grass roots **** for that guy.

Yes, gore is so extreme these days.

And it really was a stereotypical 'blow everything up' thing. He has a gun that makes people explode ffs.
Quote by webbtje
Yes, gore is so extreme these days.

And it really was a stereotypical 'blow everything up' thing. He has a gun that makes people explode ffs.

yeah i guess so.. I dunno granted it was an alien weapon, it just didnt seem to piss me off as much as most action movies do..
Quote by faint_spirit

I thought it was good, but not amazing. Inglourious Basterds was better.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by whalepudding
I thought it was good, but not amazing. Inglourious Basterds was better.

yeah i havent seen it yet a. my girlfriends dad walked out of it and hes the biggest film buff ive ever met so that kinda turned me off.
Quote by faint_spirit

You also need to take the fact that it was a South African made movie with a small budget into consideration. That makes it fairly more impressive.

Sure there were some dumb things, but over all a pretty kickass film.

Quote by bubbamc119
South African accent mate. It's not like he's the only person that talks like that.

It's not the prevailing South African accent, it's an Afrikaaner accent - roughly equivalent to a hillybilly accent to put it into a more commonly understood context.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Last edited by JamesDouglas at Oct 12, 2009,
^ thanks for clarifying, although you Saffers all sound the same to me

btw I hope Zuma doesn't **** up your country too much more! It's very sad the way things have gone over there in the last 15 years.
Quote by ilikeguitar90

"fooking prawns"

Dude, that's not his accent.

It's more like "voooking prrrooons"

Plus, that accent is just plain cool.
You could tell it was low budget. I was disappoint.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Quote by HammettHead

Totally wasn't!

You know how much it costs to get a parking permit for a big ass space ship over JBerg?
Quote by HammettHead

I couldn't.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by denfilade

You know how much it costs to get a parking permit for a big ass space ship over JBerg?

lets just say i cant imagine it being cheap..
Quote by faint_spirit

Quote by HammettHead

it wasnt low budget they intentionally shot it like that to give more of a documenty type feel too it. You wanna see low budget, watch any of peter jacksons first few movies ****in hi-larious, and pretty gory too...
Quote by faint_spirit

Did anyone else think he sounded scouse when he swore?
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Loved it. Loved the story, the characters, the designs. Even my girlfriend liked it, and she's no sci-fi fan. Mutating into an alien looks painful, though, did make me feel a little bit sick at some junctures.
Time is a great teacher. Unfortunatly, it kills all of its pupils.
Quote by Sz_Shredder...
Hey pitches (like pit bitches get it? haa i suck) anwyay, DISTRICT 9!!! i watched it last night after hearing alot of mixed reviews and i gotta say man, that movie is ****ing awesome. I've been waiting for a new movie to come out that doesnt suck for a looooong ****in time and i reckon this didnt dissapoint BUT heaps and heaps of people have flamed it and said that it sucks and is boring as **** which i just dont understand. I mean its one huge metaphor that sums up all the political **** thats gone down in the past few years in a fairly piss taking kinda way with a tight ****in story to boot. Man i dunnno are people just idiots who crave ****ty hollywood action and crass jokes or do i just have unusual tastes.. TELL ME!!!!

yeah man im from South Africa so its a huge thing here becoz of the setting and everything(but i think our accents in the movie really spoil it lol)but i mean i havent watched it yet but its on my to watch list...looks interesting
I'm not saying not to trust the internet, but there's an alarming discrepancy between the number of iPads I've won & the number of iPads I own.
Wasn't that good, and I'm not picky with my movies. I liked it, but I wouldn't rave about it.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I liked it. One of the best new films i've seen in a while.

Compare D9 to say....GI Joe or Transformers...they are complete **** in comparison. Predictable Hollywood ****.
Quote by maggot9779
I liked it. One of the best new films i've seen in a while.

Compare D9 to say....GI Joe or Transformers...they are complete **** in comparison. Predictable Hollywood ****.

Transformers was better than District 9. Although District 9 was awesome. The guys accent was brilliant, the fact they were all South African made the film for me
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Transformers was better than District 9. Although District 9 was awesome. The guys accent was brilliant, the fact they were all South African made the film for me

Come on. Transformers is one of the worst pile of craps ever made. They try to sell it with Megan Fox but it doesn't make up for bad writing.
Quote by maggot9779
Come on. Transformers is one of the worst pile of craps ever made. They try to sell it with Megan Fox but it doesn't make up for bad writing.

Transformers is the coolest thing on the planet, and has been for the last like 30 years.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra
Transformers is the coolest thing on the planet, and has been for the last like 30 years.

Heh. I never watched it or anything before the film came out. The most I knew about them was that they were robot car things.

As soon as I heard their names I was like......you can't be serious....It's like they think we're all 12 year olds.
Quote by maggot9779
Heh. I never watched it or anything before the film came out. The most I knew about them was that they were robot car things.

As soon as I heard their names I was like......you can't be serious....It's like they think we're all 12 year olds.

Someone didn't have a childhood growing up...not a good one at least.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by Funkbass796
Someone didn't have a childhood growing up...not a good one at least.

Transformers aren't that big here I guess. My older brother likes them though. Maybe it's a generation thing.

We did have Transformers crisps though
Quote by jambi_mantra

It's a kids film with fantastic visuals but a poor storyline and character progression, unbearable to sit through the whole film.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by kidsilcon
Did anyone else think he sounded scouse when he swore?

+1

I had to keep myself from laughing when he went all scouse at the "fooking prawns". In conclusion angry South Africans = scousers.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
All post 90s action movies are garbage. I don't want these lame-ass psuedo kung fu pg-13 pussies trying to karate chop terrorists to death with more computer gen parts than Toy Story.

Give me the glory days with the miniatures, robotic monsters, Bruce Willis, guns REAL explosions and heros who are unafraid to swear at the person they've just shot in the face.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Page 1 of 2