Ive been playing guitar from the start of April 2009 im 14 years old and i can play master of puppets every thing except for the second solo, enter sandman and again not the solo, seek and and destroy every thing except for the part before the solo and the solo and some other bits of songs
And i can play the minor pentatonic scale,C major scale, A minor scale,and the root 6 scale.
can u tell me if this is good cause i wanna try to play some solos.
thanks
If you want me to judge your technique then I need to see a video
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Quote by mitch311
If you want me to judge your technique then I need to see a video

no webcam, but im realy dopey and sloppy so u can judge with that
Agreed, it sounds pretty decent for the amount of time youv'e been playing, but youngens tend to think they are better than they are, technique wise, most are dreadful.

Not saying you are though, if you post up a video, then we can properly analyize your skill
Yamaha RGX-A2
Line 6 Spider
Need a new amp so much D:
Orange Stack or Marshall JCM 2000 Stack please.
Quote by rolpie
can u tell me if this is good cause i wanna try to play some solos.

Does is matter wheter or not you're good? If you wanna try some solo's then try some solos. Also, as mitch said, a video helps, as we don't really know how well you play those songs you've said you can play.
Electrics:ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑAmps:
Jackson DKMGFFˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RG100SC G2
Washburn DIME 333ˑˑˑˑˑˑˑRandall RH200X / RA412 2x Half-Stacks
ESP LTD EC-1000 STCB
Dean From Hell CFH
Last edited by SinnaSatan at Oct 12, 2009,
well i suck at alternative picking and im srry cause i cant post up a video cos i dont have a camera
Mmm sounds like you need to improve your technique quite a bit, sit down with a metronome and start on about 60bpm, alternative pick to each beat (make sure it's in common time! 4/4), once you can do that with ease, pick twice for each beat, once on the beat and once midbeat, once you can do that with ease, 4 plucks per beat.
Once you perfect this, up the tempo by 5 each time, soon, your speed and accuracy will be great
Yamaha RGX-A2
Line 6 Spider
Quote by Slash.vs.Bucket
Mmm sounds like you need to improve your technique quite a bit, sit down with a metronome and start on about 60bpm, alternative pick to each beat (make sure it's in common time! 4/4), once you can do that with ease, pick twice for each beat, once on the beat and once midbeat, once you can do that with ease, 4 plucks per beat.
Once you perfect this, up the tempo by 5 each time, soon, your speed and accuracy will be great

thanks!!!!
No problem man
Yamaha RGX-A2
Line 6 Spider
Sounds like this thread was solely for braggins purposes
キタ━━━━(・∀・)━━━━!!
Quote by Ichikurosaki
shred knows more about everything than anyone i think

Quote by IchiKurosaki
i hope we never meet shjred honestly i love you but im scared of you
dont worry !! a good start for you , have fun with the guitar ,try to play some solos ,and when u will be having a camera, show us ur work ... \m/

i didnt got any tips from anyone when i was learning solo, every lead guitarist has his own style of creating the melody,just follow ur favourite guitarist, watch his fingerings , then follow the tabs ,practice really slow first,so that u dont miss any notes, then play it faster..there u go...and try to know various techniques of lead playing , such as tappping , sliding,legato, alternate picking,hammering,bending,pull offs ,sweep picking etc
Last edited by COBHC912 at Oct 13, 2009,
Don't worry about whether you're "good" or not. It really doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is whether you enjoy what you're doing.
I've never heard or seen you play, how the hell am I suppsoed to know if you're any good or not?

People can only judge what you present to them , with that in mind your grammar needs work. You seem to be struggling with punctuation and sentence construction, for example try to avoid run-on sentences using the word "and", just start a new sentence instead. You should also try and avoid starting a sentence with a redundant conjunction. Finally, try to avoid letting text-speak slip into your everyday writing as it just makes you look stupid.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Well.. I haven't heard you play, so I'm not sure. You really should upload something to youtube, or record something with a microphone, microphones are really cheap and if you don't want to buy one, do it at someone elses' house, a person who does have a microphone. If you don't want to record anything.. then we won't tell you how gooooood you are, because we need to hear how goooood you play in order to judge your skills. (Sorry, I just had to poke fun at the title.)

If you use text speak and words such as goooood in a forum like this, it makes it seem like you're stupid, because many people who are not very smart, tend to type like this:
OMG i fnd a gtr!!!!111!!1

That's kind of an exaggerated example, but still. If you type like that most people won't take you very seriously.
Unless you're dyslexic, of course. Then I apologize.

@branny1982:
Have you heard him play?
Last edited by robinlint at Oct 13, 2009,
We really need to start banning these threads unless a video is posted.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
However you look at yourself as a guitarist should be based on what you think. Not us. If you can play those Metallica songs, and those by your standards make a good guitarist, then you're freakin great.
We're all proud.

Edit: I think there are too many guitarists who worship Metallica and will only learn songs by them. If thats going to be the case with you, I suggest that you expand your taste like crazy. There's so much other valuable material out there that is also rewarding to learn and fun to play as well.
Last edited by its_alive at Oct 13, 2009,
I am 27 and have always wanted to learn how to play the guitar, not just someone else's songs. I finally decided to take lessons back in june. so far I have learned all seven modes of the major scale and have really been concentrating on alternate picking. I have also learned the minor pentatonic blues scale and i really concentrate on technique. As far as learning other peoples songs I havent took the time to learn any of them. Is this good? compared to what I knew 4 months ago: I would have to say yes beacause I didnt know any chords or even the notes of the strings. I guess it all boils down to what makes you want to keep playing. I am starting late in life but I absolutely love it! The theory part really interest's me. I say as long as youre progressing and enjoy playing then keep doing what youre doing!
Last edited by wka82 at Oct 13, 2009,
Quote by rolpie
Ive been playing guitar from the start of April 2009 im 14 years old and i can play master of puppets every thing except for the second solo, enter sandman and again not the solo, seek and and destroy every thing except for the part before the solo and the solo and some other bits of songs and i dont know what a full stop is
And i can play the minor pentatonic scale,C major scale, A minor scale,and the root 6 scale.

/fixed

Anyway, as everyone else has said, post a video or GTFO.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Listen to the blues

Metalocalypse quote -"the blues are more cursed than metal is, the devil himself is at the helm of this music"

so yeah neeed more variety n blues is pretty kool to gets you started

and people will think your totaly brutal and hardcore if you play blues
but if you show dems ur metallica attempts, they will dismiss u as a regular jackoff
I think that you need to further expand your musical boundaries, don't be so focused on your skill level either, just play. You've only been playing for six months, who do you think you are? August Rush? Don't worry about being able to play as well as Kirk, because he is overrated.
Quote by rolpie
no webcam, but im realy dopey and sloppy so u can judge with that

Well, that's your answer. If you're dopey and sloppy, you aren't playing well. Clean up.
Quote by dudetheman

to shredinator666, kirk cobain was bad. we all know it. but at the same time, he was so great.

to OP: as far a soloing goes, just go for it. I know that sounds like terrible advice but just try it.garenteed you will fail, but eventually you will get better.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by the_perdestrian
to shredinator666, kirk cobain was bad. we all know it. but at the same time, he was so great.

to OP: as far a soloing goes, just go for it. I know that sounds like terrible advice but just try it.garenteed you will fail, but eventually you will get better.

Is that a joke? I really can't tell.
Quote by dudetheman

^ No I'm pretty sure he was serious. He was great because of his songwriting though, not his guitar work. the_perdestrian just meant dont worry about technique before trying soloing.
Quote by Elden G20
^ No I'm pretty sure he was serious. He was great because of his songwriting though, not his guitar work. the_perdestrian just meant dont worry about technique before trying soloing.

I love Kurt Cobain's songwriting. I don't have a clue who Kirk Cobain is though.
Quote by dudetheman

Quote by its_alive
However you look at yourself as a guitarist should be based on what you think. Not us. If you can play those Metallica songs, and those by your standards make a good guitarist, then you're freakin great.
We're all proud.

Edit: I think there are too many guitarists who worship Metallica and will only learn songs by them. If thats going to be the case with you, I suggest that you expand your taste like crazy. There's so much other valuable material out there that is also rewarding to learn and fun to play as well.

metallica have the easiest guitar parts. all the other thrash metal bands are to hard to learn
i would like to learn a song from slayer or megadeth but i dont know any easy songs from them