It was good, watch your bends though, man. Also, where did you get that awesome sweater?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Bloomin' awesome!

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
¯|(°_o)/¯
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Wulphy
It was good, watch your bends though, man. Also, where did you get that awesome sweater?

Cheers, yeah.. I kinda had to learn bending for this piece.. I didn't know how to do them properly before I started learning this song.

The sweater... I just got in some store here in Australia. Haha
Im still inexperienced myself. I've been playing about 21 months so idk if i can really give you any advice on technical playing. I think you should work on your tone though. but still, 2 years. nice man. I gave you 5/5 regardless and i subscribed. Mind giving me any advice if you can? Maybe on shredding, cause i was kinda sloppy on the shred in my vid. Or just any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7By_K6vB10
Quote by MichaelGuitaro
Im still inexperienced myself. I've been playing about 21 months so idk if i can really give you any advice on technical playing. I think you should work on your tone though. but still, 2 years. nice man. I gave you 5/5 regardless and i subscribed. Mind giving me any advice if you can? Maybe on shredding, cause i was kinda sloppy on the shred in my vid. Or just any thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7By_K6vB10

If you mean shredding as in fast runs, my only advice is take it slow and steady, if you have guitar pro 5, use the speed trainer, and what I do is go up by 1% each time. So slowly slowly you get faster and faster. Takes time but it's completely worth it.

If you mean shredding as in sweeps, do it slowly, that's my only advice to give. Make sure your strings don't ring out.

Hope that helped.
That was sick bro, but some flaws like some pointed out.

Try playing with less gain, because you don't need it all, it only makes your playing sound more sloppy.
Work on some of the bends which sound out of tune, and also vibrato.

But other than that, sick man, I wish I could have played that when I was on my second year playing guitar!

Cheers for the crit!
Quote by KoenDercksen
That's alot of gain bro.

More lots of sustain
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Had to check out a little Stevie Vai cover, always interesting.

One thing to know about Steve Vai and that caliber player. Knowing what note comes next and being able to get there in time is not knowing how to play the song. There's a reason Steve is in a stratosphere of his own. The feel he puts in his fretting is 100%, all the time!

I realize being able to play a classic like this is very encouraging, and it should be, but be carefull of looking past what you're doing wrong. If you keep going the way you're going and keep practicing constructively. You'll look back on this vid and grasp what I'm talking about. It's as simple as being able to play by ear. Knowing where you are on the fretboard by listening.

Anyway, great job, sick skill for 2 years bud. Keep it up!

my covers.....https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1263266