Poll: Keep the Road Worn or get the Am. Std for $500 more?
Poll Options
View poll results: Keep the Road Worn or get the Am. Std for $500 more?
Keep the Roadworn (save the rest of the money)
18 67%
Buy the MIA strat for an extra $4-500
9 33%
Voters: 27.
Need a backup strat for gigging / practice puposes - already have an MIA strat. I bought a 2 tone sunburst 50's RoadWorn from MF a few weeks ago for $499 - which seemed like a good price even for a MIM strat.

I love the neck and the resonance but it needs a good set-up (some fretting out on high E-string and the nut is binding a bit so tuning isn't great. Also - I'm not a huge fan of the relic look but I do like the nitro finish and the sound of it.

I'm debating whether or not to keep it for $499 or spend an extra $4-500 and get an Am Std.

Need some input. On one hand, I know the Am. Std is a better made guitar but I do like the neck and tone on the RoadWorn and would love to be able to save the extra $4-500 and spend it on the family or the house.
If I could get the RW setup with a better nut and get the one high fret fixed - it would definitely be a keeper - do you think this would cost more than $50-60?
New nut shouldn't cost more than $20 or so, and a fret dressing shouldn't be more than $50. Much, much cheaper than buying an American Standard Strat anyway, and if those two things are your only real issues with the guitar, it makes much more sense to have those dealt with than buy a whole new guitar.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I don't love the "cheesy" relic look on it though - although I do like the tone that the nitro/worn finish produces.
Personally I do think the whole worn look is kind of gimmicky. That said in-person it isn't as bad as stock photos, and to be honest to me it sounds and feels better than the American Standards. And if it feels good and sounds good, looks be damned. Everyone likes a sexy guitar, but it's not key.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
The road-worns suck.(Personal Opinion)
I tried it out once, and it really FELT old.
The tuning mechanics were rusty and the finish is worn off.
And it´s even more expensive than MIAs or MIMs.
You might as well just buy 3 MiMs or something.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by Dawnwalker
The road-worns suck.(Personal Opinion)
I tried it out once, and it really FELT old.
The tuning mechanics were rusty and the finish is worn off.
And it´s even more expensive than MIAs or MIMs.
You might as well just buy 3 MiMs or something.

Actually, the only US-made model cheaper is the Highway One strat, so it's not really more expensive than MIA's.

And it's supposed to feel old. ...And have a worn finish, hence the name. And have tuners that look rusty(No company is really going to rust one of the most important parts of a guitar)
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I definitely wouldn't have paid $950 for one but for $499 I'm tempted to keep it (hence the thread)
Quote by necrosis1193
Actually, the only US-made model cheaper is the Highway One strat, so it's not really more expensive than MIA's.

And it's supposed to feel old. ...And have a worn finish, hence the name. And have tuners that look rusty(No company is really going to rust one of the most important parts of a guitar)

i know its supposed to be old.
It´s not for everyone tho.

Well... in Europe, the Road Worns are even more expensive than the MIAs
But nothing beats a good used MiM.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Keep that Roadworn! I played one and to be honest I'd take it over an MIA Standard. Especially if it's only backup.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Yeah - plus I just got a dentist bill for $450, so I may have had my question answered for me!