Page 1 of 2
So after 6 months of mooching, i managed to actually get a job at Sainsburys. How's everybody else doing on the job front?
Believe.
im doing **** my parents are paying for everything

well done tho! i bet it feels good

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Congratz man. I get alot of money just for going to uni - I'm that special so I'll stay lazy thanks
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
I work at a bakery and I get free cakes on my birthday, my family's birthdays, and certain holidays...and the best part, I barely do anything and make a decent amout of ca$h
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
I've been searching for a year now, literally, and finally got a call back to FutureShop the other day for an interview. First time I tried using a cover letter and bam- interview.
Lord knows I'm weak, won't somebody get me off of this reef...
Nice, man.

I'm working at Subway. Going in today actually, 5-10.
Usually they give me terrible hours.
Tuesday I worked 5-7!
It's not a bad job though.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
hah i work at besy buy!
My Facebook

MAIN Gear:

Jackson Pro Rhoads

AMP:

Head: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier BLACK FACE

Cab: Mesa Boogie 4x12 Road King Slant
I just got a job today as well! I'm working for the dining hall at my University, and also I'm teaching guitar around campus.
My Gear:
Fender '72 Tele Thinline Deluxe Reissue
Vox Night Train 15W
Quote by hendrixfreak93
Nice, man.

I'm working at Subway. Going in today actually, 5-10.
Usually they give me terrible hours.
Tuesday I worked 5-7!
It's not a bad job though.

Is it not really tiring working there? And do you get free subs? If the second answer was yes, can I join?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
I've been just looking for Christmas jobs at the moment. I applied at Argos, might apply at M&S. I wanted to apply at HMV but you need prior experience, which I don't get, how are you supposed to get a job, if you need to already have a job to get a job?
Congrats, man.

Never had a job, but I've done some stuff like book designs for cash.
Never had one, I'll probably get one in late January when I'm 16 if I can find one.
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Quote by aaciseric
I've been just looking for Christmas jobs at the moment. I applied at Argos, might apply at M&S. I wanted to apply at HMV but you need prior experience, which I don't get, how are you supposed to get a job, if you need to already have a job to get a job?

You just look at the manager and go "I don't have a reference from a previous employer, but I can give you a cracking blow job", and you'll be right in there.
At least, right in his office with a dong in your mouth. Probably won't help on the employment front, though.
****ty. I have been on the lookout for jobs for 2 months now and I'm in a slump. I need a jerb.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by aaciseric

Just say you done some volunteer work, i think it counts as experience. Lord knows how i got this job, my only defining quality is the ability to chat up old women
Believe.
Quote by woodenbandman
****ty. I have been on the lookout for jobs for 2 months now and I'm in a slump. I need a jerb.
Southpark reference FTW

And my new band pretty much IS my job.
Bad, I'm 16 and I need a job bad. My friends are all employeed and I'm not....

But just one thing...there is no way I am working in McDonalds...mabye Argos will have me
Pretty lame actually. 6 hours a week in an off-licence. Was hoping to get a job working with disabled kids which I absolutely adored doing. But to cut an extremely long story short I got f*cked over by the woman who runs the scheme. So that's off the cards for the time being.
Otherwise it's still crap, hardly any jobs going. The ones that do come up have ridiculous amounts of people apply for them and I refuse to go on the dole.
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
I'm tight with my old boss from my last job, so he said if i ever need a job- he'll always hire me.

But right now I work at a Record Store. I feel like I work at the photo hut from that 70s show sometimes. It's a fun job.
Quote by MightyAl
You just look at the manager and go "I don't have a reference from a previous employer, but I can give you a cracking blow job", and you'll be right in there.
At least, right in his office with a dong in your mouth. Probably won't help on the employment front, though.

Quote by spoony 101
Just say you done some volunteer work, i think it counts as experience. Lord knows how i got this job, my only defining quality is the ability to chat up old women

Hmm, might try that, thanks.

Quote by Duffman123
Bad, I'm 16 and I need a job bad. My friends are all employeed and I'm not....

But just one thing...there is no way I am working in McDonalds...mabye Argos will have me

Argos are taking on loads of staff at the moment, if you want something part time that's probably the way to go. Plus you get a 10% discount on all products. Imagine that, you could get a £10 item for £9
wokring at costco, money is good, but a its a job which means im working and work makes life miserable, so yeah im pretty miserable. but hopefully if i can get this patent thing going i might have a chance at making money without submissing myself or busting my balls for the rest of my life. because man, if thats whats gonna happen, then **** this.
Lazy dirty student. I gots the monies.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

I'm trying to get a job at one of QVC's warehouses. I would probably be filling boxes with orders or something like that. It pays $11.25/hr and I can basically make my own schedule.

I know a few people that work there, so hopefully they can help me get in.
I don't need to work, but I'm starting college in January. Going for a BSD in physics.
Quote by Venice King
Is it not really tiring working there? And do you get free subs? If the second answer was yes, can I join?

A free six inch sub if you work at least four hours that day.
I used to steal cookies and extra meat and everything but we just got four cameras installed because some dick was stealing money from the safe. So I can't get my fresh baked double chocolate ones anymore!

Other than that, yeah I'll get you hired.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Paper-rounds ftw
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
I'm starting next Wednesday, first job. I'll be working with Electronics and stuff, I'm not sure how good or bad it is. Doesn't give much money in the beggining, that's what sucks the most about it.
Seamonkey has my money!

Quote by shattamakar
My dog came into my room while I was fapping.
I couldn't look Wolfie in the eye for a week.
I am at uni, so i need to try and find some kind of part time thing, which is very difficult, a friend reccomended bar and restaurant work as the hours are flexible.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Not well
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
I've been a KP for a month+ now. In fact i just worked a shift tonight (all i get are Saturday nights and Sunday mornings)

I now go home and sob myself quietly to sleep, like a new rape victim.

My boss is kind of a dick, he's a dick to everyone.The chefs are all pretty cool though.

But, even though my boss is a dick, i burn my delicate hands all the time, i've smelled some foul stenches and my shifts are utter crap. When i received my first pay check i have never had a bigger smile upon my face.

EDIT, even though i only get paid £3.50 an hour.
Last edited by BassmasterGreg at Oct 17, 2009,
I'm currently doing volunteering/work placement at a documentary production company.

I'm hoping to get a job at an amazing visual effects company as a runner, and might be hearing from them this week if I'm gonna get an interview on it
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Page 1 of 2