I've ordered an ISP Decimator G String but am unsure where to put it in my effects chain to get the best results.

I have an overdrive/distortion pedal and a fuzz pedal in front of the amp and I plan to run part of the G String through the amp's effects loop to cut out preamp hiss, but should I put the other part of the G String between the guitar and the effects or the effects and the amp?

Both pedals have adjustable noise gates but I still need to eliminate some pedal noise (including switches, if possible) and possibly some single-coil hum.
put it after most effects, i'd have thought, except put it before things like delays and reverbs, because the gate will cut off some of the repeats (as they're quieter). basically put any effects after it which are adversely affected by the noise gate.

edit: no wait, that's not what you're asking at all. Put one half of it between your guitar and the amp's input, and the other half as i said in my first sentence.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
To clarify, I was trying to decide between:

Guitar > G String > Dist/Overdrive > Fuzz > Amp
OR
Guitar > Dist/Overdrive > Fuzz > G String > Amp

I think I'll go with the second option.
Quote by Darkflame
^ the 2nd would be better, it wouldn't do anything in the 1st position

but put it in the effects loop too, otherwise it won't cut the amp's noise

+1
[quote="'[Dane"]']

I think I'll go with the second option.

yeah, do that. I wouldn't say it'd do nothing in the first position (i often run mine with no other pedals straight into the front of an amp and it still kills quite a bit of noise), but if you run it after those dirt pedals it'll kill the noise in them too, which you might as well do.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?