question: can I buy staggered height fender/schaller locking tuners from the custom deluxe for my 96 american standard? I can order anything that I can get part numbers for. like everything that fender makes excluding the custom shop. but the website doesn't have the part numbers for custom shop guitars. I work for a dealer. I could call them up if I have to. but if there is an easier way, I'd like to know. also not sure if the custom shop will sell parts for a custom shop guitar unless you own one. or worse, you have to ship them your guitar to do the install or they wont sell you the parts (this is how you get the fender logo on a licensed neck).
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
I think you could just replace them with normal Schaller locking tuners. I'm not sure though, but that's what I'm guessing.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
nope. I wants the staggered height tuners. me wants. you know like the EJ has no string tree. its cause the tuners on the high strings have a short post. I could buy sperzel locking staggered height tuners but the fender parts have the same two pegs on the back and they are the same footprint on the neck. so you wouldn't know it was changed until you got real close.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
I also work for a Fender dealer. You need to call them.

I found these on the website, as you probably did already, and I would venture to guess that these are the staggered height ones since the description claims that these are the tuners used on the American Deluxe guitars, which are staggered-height. Unfortunately, since Fender has a terrible web catalog just like every other musical instrument manufacturer, you're just going to have to give them a call to find out if these are really the right tuners. There is basically no other way I've ever been able to come up with.

In any case, I've seen staggered-height tuners on the American Deluxe version, so I can't see any reason why you won't be able to order them (they're not a Custom Shop exclusive). Most of the "Custom Shop Only" parts you can get from the original manufacturer anyway.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer