Hey everyone!

I'm looking for a new amp! I've been using a Roland Cube 30w which isn't mine. I play in a band so it should be loud enough for a smaller gig!

I play mostly metal and I want a amp that can deliver a real oomph, bassy sound. That's is the most important thing! I listen to bands like Pantera, CoB, In Flames, Pink Floyd, The Clash, The Ramones, All That Remains, Metallica, Arch Enemy, Black Sabbath, The Buzzcocks and Stiff Little Fingers! Say if you want more

Budget is like 600-700 EUROS!

I use an Ibanez RGR321

Thanks
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
What exactly is a tube hybrid? Or like how does it work?
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Suggestions?
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Bugera 6262 or 6260, ornage 30watt tiny terror. spend a bit more ull get a blackstar S1 100 has huge bass in it. but if u play metal like the bands u listed id look at the bugera's.
I've heard some bad things about the Bugera but are they better now?

More suggestions?
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Last edited by Axeaman at Oct 13, 2009,
Do you want to go tube?

Are you willing to go used?
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Dunno know about the prices o'er where you are... but do consider the Krank Rev Jr Pro (comes in both 20 watts and 50 watts).
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Dunno know about the prices o'er where you are... but do consider the Krank Rev Jr Pro (comes in both 20 watts and 50 watts).

+1
Quote by Kanthras
Awww, that tiny wittle head looks adorable on that cab..

*Krank amp turns on*

AAAAAUUGHHH TEH CRUSHING OVERDRIVE aSDJKANHFUILGN
A tube hybrid amplifier is an amp that uses tubes for the preamp and solid-state for the power amp. These are very popular for high-gain metal styles. Randall makes a few different models, and Marshall still lists their Mode Four head on their website, though I haven't seen one in a store in a while. They tend to have tons of gain and are as loud as hell, since an enormously powerful solid-state power amp section doesn't take up as much room or weigh as much as a tube power amp section.

Most of the bands you metioned have played through Marshalls at some point. If you are looking for high gain and a strong low-end response, the Carvin V3 and Vai Legacy amplifiers are known for that quality. They sell direct through the mail. Check them out on their website: www.carvin.com.

Is your budget jst for an amplifier head, or would that also have to pay for the speaker cabinet? Most of the high-gain amplifier heads (tube or hybrid) are in the range of US$1000.00 to US$2000.00. A matching 4x12 cabinet is going to run somewhere in the neighborhood of US$700.00.

If you are looking for a 2x12 combo amplifier, look at the Marshalls, Peavey 6506 combo and Carvin V3 or Legacy combos.

Sadly, good amplifiers aren't cheap no matter where you live.
Not sure if I can go used!

And yes, tube.

Edit: I have no cab, so it would be both a cab and head!
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Last edited by Axeaman at Oct 13, 2009,
Used is preferable when it comes to buying new gear, and with that amount of money you will be able to get you a good amp that'll last a while.

Finland should have relatively Marshalls, well, compared to America so you could try looking for a tube marshall (DSL?).

Could get a combo..
Can we erase the past?
To allow our dreams to forever last?

Gear:

Mesa Boogie Mini Rec 25
Mesa Boogie Rectifier 2x12 cab

Jackson DK2, DK2M, DKMGT, SLAT3-7, DK1
In order to get a good head and cabinet for 700 Euros, you would do well to look at Carvin. It is professional gear at good prices because they sell direct. A new 4x12 cabinet from Marshall or Peavey will run you at least US$600.00 (Sorry, I don't know the conversion rate for U.S. dollars and Euros, but I think it is about $1.50 or so for each Euro). If you went for an all-tube Marshall or Peavey, you'd blow your entire budget on just the head.

If you can find something from a good maker used in good shape, by all means, go for it.
I say a used ENGL Screamer.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Bump, more suggestions please
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Bump, more suggestions please

EDIT: Bugera 6262 with a Laney cab? Anyone? Opinions?
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Last edited by Axeaman at Oct 14, 2009,
Quote by Raijouta
I say a used ENGL Screamer.

+1
you should test this baby loud. it really comes alive at high volumes!
James, I've heard on Youtube and I'm not into the Peavey really!

At the ENGL, idk really! Hard to get used here in Finland :-/ And I'm not too keen on the tone, like, it isnt bad just it isnt my style!

Edit: Opinions on 6262 plus Laney cab?
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Last edited by Axeaman at Oct 14, 2009,
get a combo, also, you should go used you are getting conned if you go new

I don't personally like the 6262 but i do like the 333xl