i know there are a billion and one other threads like this but iv got some cash left from bday and want to buy a new amp, the amp i have the now is some casio thing with inputs for loads of instruments doesn't have gain conrols or eq, so i have done a bit of research and most people seem to think that tube amps are better than ss i have never tried a tube amp so would need some advice about this, so my budget is about £120/$190 and i play hendrix, led zep, GnR and a bit of blues

any help would be appreciated
Quote by Pr0gNut
How dare you get all philosophical with logic and reasoning! This UG Sir,where one must blindly yell out opinions then viciously attack anyone who disagrees with said opinions.
Well, finding a tube amp for that budget is going to be tough, if it can be done I'm sure someone here will know though.

As far as SS amps go I'd try to check out a roland cube, I've heard nothing but good things about them and from them, and they have some rock/metal presets. They probably stock them at your local music store, and they fit your budget nicely.

Ps. I don't know if you want to eventually gig with this amp? Because I don't think a 120 quid budget is going to cut it for a gigging amp, not sure though..
no im not gonna gig with it, im just a bedroom guitarist
Quote by Pr0gNut
How dare you get all philosophical with logic and reasoning! This UG Sir,where one must blindly yell out opinions then viciously attack anyone who disagrees with said opinions.
you could have a look at the laney cub 8 which is a 5watt valve amp, or a vox ac4tv8 which is a 4 watt valve amp that can be turned down to run at 1 watt or 1/4watt.
Crate V-series or Palomino maybe? They've been discontinued but they can do all the genres you listed fine. And the 18 is loud enough to gig with.