Page 1 of 2
Ill start. i never turn the tone and volume knobs to 10.
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's

Seagull 25th anniversary Mahogany Edition

Crate GT65

Digitech Metal Master

Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Not play it.
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
well uh i finger mine
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
I took the pick guard off, and the treble rhythm disk off. Then put it all back lol
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Mmm?

I clean them with a Blitz cloth occasionally. I care for my instruments... Unlike some people. It makes them easier to play, anyway.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
I admit it. I put mine on and play into a mirror sometimes because they just look so bad@ss....
Quote by Axis177
I spoon mine sometimes o.0

O_O

I always have my neck pickup split.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by GuitarDTO
I admit it. I put mine on and play into a mirror sometimes because they just look so bad@ss....

I literally did this for the first time ever yesterday.

I was like Duke Nukem: "Damn, I'm lookin' GOOD."
Guitars:
DBZ Bird of Prey Blood Red
Jose Feliciano Acoustic Guitar Debut Series Natural
Amp:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 60W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp
Pedal:
Peavey Sanpera I
Tuner:
intellitouch PT10 Tuner (Chromatic)
Quote by GreenDay0013
Ill start. i never turn the tone and volume knobs to 10.

You should

Spray the fretboard with Finger-Ease just because it smells so cool.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
You should

Spray the fretboard with Finger-Ease just because it smells so cool.

solvent abuse much
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
When i finish stringing the guitar, i burn off the excess string with a lighter, to give the remaining tips a charred finish...kinda badass. however you have to retune it after cause the heat messes with your tuning

i havent done this yet, but am contemplating it...
new ways to string your guitar....if anyone has tried it and does not recommend it, let me know haha
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Last edited by thedekker at Oct 12, 2009,
I sometimes put my leg over the cutaway.

It's right leg over bottom cutaway. (not on my G-400)
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by thedekker
When i finish stringing the guitar, i burn off the excess string with a lighter

Why?

Quote by thedekker
i havent done this yet, but am contemplating it...
new ways to string your guitar....if anyone has tried it and does not recommend it, let me know haha

and once again, why?
I think that string arrangement will just cause trouble when tuning.

Oh and I like to polish mine after every play =]
I use my insulin pump to create some freaked out sounding beeps/hums/feedback, and i sometimes slam my knee into the back of the guitar when a chord is fretted. I have a new obsession with natural harmonics, and i'll run my fingers from the first fret to the bridge while i pick sometimes just to hear them all.

I sometimes end up falling asleep while i'm playing, and i'll wake up in the morning cuddled to my guitar. I once used my Strat as a weapon. I go Johnny Guitar after a show usually, to make sure my baby doesn't get stolen. And last but not least, i can make my Strat sound like one of those country lap steel guitars, without any form of slide.

Oh yeah, and i can make my Strat sound like a motorcycle, it doesn't work right with the Gibsons though O.o
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Last edited by p o e at Oct 12, 2009,
i tell her i love her every day after i finish playing, her name is mona and she is the only gal for me due to the fact that i can play with other ladies(guitars) and she dont bitch, unlike the opposite sex who often times complain that i pay more attention to mona than them.
My gf will be all SPEND TIME WITH ME YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING ALL DAY

so then i'll start muttering stuff to my guitar while she's in the room like IT'S OKAY ONE DAY SHE'LL HAVE A FALL AND WE CAN BE TOGETHER FOREVER.
Quote by Axis177
I spoon mine sometimes o.0

That is weird...only sometimes.

I spoon my all the time.
Ive took the EMGs out of my evl z4- for my vx 2v, but when i had both in my hand, i said "naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah", and then ive put them back on their original guitars
I like to take them apart and put them back together.

And if its a guitar I bought I like to change it from its stock look/sound. I havnt really played a guitar thats perfect for me yet, I've made one thats close and plan on making another that will be even closer to what I want.
Reinhardt 18 Head
H&K Tubemiester 18 head
Blue 6505+ head

TC Electronics G Major
MXR phase 90, Pigtronix Echolution 2
Digitech Whammy (5th gen)

ETB Infinity x2
ETB Yoda

Frust
Quote by GuitarDTO

I literally do this every day
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Quote by BoL7z
My gf will be all SPEND TIME WITH ME YOU'VE BEEN PLAYING ALL DAY

so then i'll start muttering stuff to my guitar while she's in the room like IT'S OKAY ONE DAY SHE'LL HAVE A FALL AND WE CAN BE TOGETHER FOREVER.

lol. that really made me laugh. just mutter to yur guitar nxt time that yur going gay so no girl will interupt u and yur guitar ever again.

EDIT: i cant really think of anything wierd i do to my guitar(s). i enjoyed taking my floyd apart a few weeks ago, dont plan on doing that again though.
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Quote by thedekker

that might screw with your tuning because the strings would be rubbing eachother and running over one another. could try it on a cheap-o guitar and see what happens. the damage, though, might be that the nut could split. i've heard that can happen if a guitar with a reverse headstock gets restrung backwards. the tension pulling in a way the nut isn't built for could hurt it. i've never had that happen, so i don't know! could be interesting to try!

and i do the mirror thing every now and then haha there's a big one on my door so it's easy for me to do. but i realized i can't watch my hands in the mirror while i play or it screws me up big time! i guess i'm fretting and watching it backwards and it screws with my head or something
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
play mine with various different objects sometimes, play it upside down if I feel like sounding awful.
Quote by flanders_91
lol. that really made me laugh. just mutter to yur guitar nxt time that yur going gay so no girl will interupt u and yur guitar ever again.

EDIT: i cant really think of anything wierd i do to my guitar(s). i enjoyed taking my floyd apart a few weeks ago, dont plan on doing that again though.

Don't do it. This doesn't work. My better half does the SAME thing to me, regardless of him being a man. Only a man bitching is worse than a woman bitching. Of course, you can't call your girlfriend a "bitchy queen" either, so...
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
I play very loudly. I have been told, when playing my acoustic, to be quieter because I will break my strings. I also played my acoustic so loudly once that I missed the knock on the door from the UPS guy once. The same goes for my electric. When I play distorted, you can hear an acoustic in the background, pretty loudly, instead of all the distortion I have to learn to be a little quieter though.

I have to try that mirror thing though. Good idea!
I've played my acoustic naked in public, with the body covering my junk. I have a EJ-200 (a big guitar), so it worked out well.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
I've played my acoustic naked in public, with the body covering my junk. I have a EJ-200 (a big guitar), so it worked out well.

psst...

He's lying- it was really a Jackson Dinky.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I obsessively check the tightness of my locking schallers with OCD-like tenacity.

I put chapstick on the nut when changing strings. Although this is a good idea, it gets me weird looks occasionally...

I also use too much lemon oil on my (rosewood) fretboards, just cuz I like the smell.
Put a pair of computer hard drives over the pickups, started them up with an IBM 286 Power supply, and recorded it for the intro of a song.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
I play to the reflection of myself on the turned off tv. I also never ever clean my guitars or polish them and i drop them all the time.
I tried to make a signature listing all my gear, but I couldn't for 2 reasons.

1. I couldn't remember all my gear
2. My signature was too long for UG to process.
Quote by MidEvilDeath
I play to the reflection of myself on the turned off tv. I also never ever clean my guitars or polish them and i drop them all the time.

I do this a lot

I also have to make sure that all my electrics have their tone and volume knobs on 0 (and the pickup selector switch in the middle) when I'm not playing them.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Well this one time i tuned my guitar to an open-e and played with drumsticks.....

it was very sick indeed
"The sunshine bores the daylights out of me"
Page 1 of 2