Page 1 of 3
Anyone into Fightstar?

I think they have some great songs.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Amazing band. I think there is already a thread in ''Pop Punk & Emo'' though... Not sure why though, they aren't really either of those
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Oct 12, 2009,
Yes. I love Fightstar.
If there is another thread, it should be moved here. They are modern rock.
What did you guys think of Be human? personally think it's very good, though a tad generic at times, it somehow manages to be quite original at the same time. Loved colours bleed to red and follow me into the darkness.
Be Human is fantastic. Second best album of the year imo. Second only to Thrice's Beggars.
Love War Machine and Chemical Blood.
Quote by AwesomeDrummer
What did you guys think of Be human? personally think it's very good, though a tad generic at times, it somehow manages to be quite original at the same time. Loved colours bleed to red and follow me into the darkness.

Great album

I really wasn't sure on some tracks at first, mostly Never Change and Tonight We Burn. But it all grew on me really quickly.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Quote by Carl6661
Great album

I really wasn't sure on some tracks at first, mostly Never Change and Tonight We Burn. But it all grew on me really quickly.

Yeah, i've grown to believe Never Change is catchy, but just a little too pop-punk like for me. Tonight we burn isn't bad, but i found chemical blood disappointing, especially after that intro.
Quote by AwesomeDrummer
Yeah, i've grown to believe Never Change is catchy, but just a little too pop-punk like for me. Tonight we burn isn't bad, but i found chemical blood disappointing, especially after that intro.

I know what you mean with NC, yeah. It's definantly not up to par with other songs of thiers. Chemical Blood was amazing when I first heard it, and still is
Yeah CB kicks arse.
NC isn't that bad. And Its a far stretch from pop-punk, just catchy modern rock. You should here the demo, its much better. More raw, and includes a breakdown.
Fightstar is great. They're my 2nd favorite band.

Grand Unification is my favorite CD of all time. Their 2nd one was kinda a let down for me, but Be Human was excellent as well.

And yeah, they're kinda hard to classify. They are modern rock more than pop-punk/emo but they're different. I think of them as post-hardcore?
"For Us, For Them, For You"
Quote by Tomozaurus
You should here the demo, its much better. More raw, and includes a breakdown.

This.

It's depressing how they butchered that song between writing the original demo and recoridng the album version
Quote by aebers79
And yeah, they're kinda hard to classify. They are modern rock more than pop-punk/emo but they're different. I think of them as post-hardcore?

I class them as Alternative metal/experimental rock.

Quote by Carl6661
It's depressing how they butchered that song between writing the original demo and recoridng the album version

Yeah. Can't imagine why they'd do such a thing.
Quote by Tomozaurus
Yeah CB kicks arse.
NC isn't that bad. And Its a far stretch from pop-punk, just catchy modern rock. You should here the demo, its much better. More raw, and includes a breakdown.

Is there more versions than two of Never change? Cause i've got the album version, which has a different drum intro to the single version - are these the two versions you guys mean, or is there more?
Quote by AwesomeDrummer
Is there more versions than two of Never change? Cause i've got the album version, which has a different drum intro to the single version - are these the two versions you guys mean, or is there more?

I don't think so. The single version is pretty much the same as the album version, but is mixed differently. The demo sounds like a totally different song.

This is the demo;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBh3KccXUzA
Last edited by Carl6661 at Oct 16, 2009,
Fightstar are just a band for every situation.

They have really heavy stuff like Deathcar and Tannhauser Gate and Grand Uni Pt. 1.

Then they have longish progressive songs like Mono and Follow Me Into The Darkness.

Then they have poppy songs liek Mercury and Never Change.

Then they have chilled back songs like Tonight We Burn and their many acoustics.

I like One Day Son best of all the album though, Grand Unification has too much filler on it, but the ending of the album is class, and Be Human is kinda good.

I need to see Fightstar again, theyre honestly the best band I've ever seen live, and its great they're always on tour with cheap prices.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
*Everything else in this post*

I need to see Fightstar again, theyre honestly the best band I've ever seen live, and its great they're always on tour with cheap prices.

+29034803840234203482034823094723984729384729384237462837462834 to the first bit.

I was going to see them again in October, but pretty much all of my mates who like them (By that I mean ''never really listens to them, but dosen't hate them...'' .) are too like, dedicated to thier college courses to take a day off to go up to London, Oxford or Cambridge
Quote by Carl6661
+29034803840234203482034823094723984729384729384237462837462834 to the first bit.

I was going to see them again in October, but pretty much all of my mates who like them (By that I mean ''never really listens to them, but dosen't hate them...'' .) are too like, dedicated to thier college courses to take a day off to go up to London, Oxford or Cambridge

The only time I've seen Fightstar was when I won free tickets to see them live at the iTunes festival in Camden. Was an awesome show. I wrote a review of the gig and won an ipod touch from it also.

My mate has also won a PRS signed by Fightstar, so fightstar are jut a mine of free presents for me and him.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
The only time I've seen Fightstar was when I won free tickets to see them live at the iTunes festival in Camden. Was an awesome show. I wrote a review of the gig and won an ipod touch from it also.

My mate has also won a PRS signed by Fightstar, so fightstar are jut a mine of free presents for me and him.

I've listened to them for like, the last 4 years, but have only got around to seeing them once which was at Oxford earlier this year. The only gift I got then was a kick in the teeth from Charlie when he jumped onto the crowd , and a pick of his aswell. Nothing special but ahh well!

I remember hearing about them giving away that PRS, it was at that acoustic rooftop show in London, or something, right?
Quote by Carl6661
I've listened to them for like, the last 4 years, but have only got around to seeing them once which was at Oxford earlier this year. The only gift I got then was a kick in the teeth from Charlie when he jumped onto the crowd , and a pick of his aswell. Nothing special but ahh well!

I remember hearing about them giving away that PRS, it was at that acoustic rooftop show in London, or something, right?

Yeah the Never Change single launch.

People from the Apprentice where there, one of them is a massive Fightstar fan! A big surprise.

I've only really been listening to them since about January, but I now own about every recording theyve ever made, and they rank highly among my favourite bands ever.

I love the big riffs and clean arpeggios, and the dual vocals.

Such a great band in general. People should stop writing them off just cos Charlie was in Busted (Busted actually wrote some really good stuff, people shouldn't judge them on the "themed" singles)

And I grabbed Charlies arm, it was good.

Well you guys are lucky as.

I've been a massive fan since GU and haven't gotten a single chance to see them live because I live in Australia; and Fightstar really don't seem to like leaving home.
Quote by Tomozaurus
Well you guys are lucky as.

I've been a massive fan since GU and haven't gotten a single chance to see them live because I live in Australia; and Fightstar really don't seem to like leaving home.

This is true. Im in the states, and haven't seen had the luxury of seeing them either. Though i heard some where they're thinking about a US tour soon.
"For Us, For Them, For You"
Quote by aebers79
This is true. Im in the states, and haven't seen had the luxury of seeing them either. Though i heard some where they're thinking about a US tour soon.

I think they were trying to plan a US tour for next year, not sure exactly when though. So far it's only really been mentioned as an idea, I don't think anything is set in concrete about it just yet
A new Fightstar song was on radio 1 today, A City In Fire.

Its really good, one of their more guitar orientated songs, really riff and lead based, I love it.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
A new Fightstar song was on radio 1 today, A City In Fire.

Its really good, one of their more guitar orientated songs, really riff and lead based, I love it.

So I hear, the album version has a heavier outro with more riffs and screams and such. I can't wait to hear that (December 7th... I think the BH Re-release is)

I've even already learnt ACOF and put a cover on youtube
Quote by Carl6661
So I hear, the album version has a heavier outro with more riffs and screams and such. I can't wait to hear that (December 7th... I think the BH Re-release is)

I've even already learnt ACOF and put a cover on youtube

Oooooh link me?

It's such a good song.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Oooooh link me?

It's such a good song.

To my cover? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt_XV33SW8g

If you meant a link to the full version, it hasn't been released yet. I've only heard rumours about it on the Fightstar forums.
Quote by Carl6661
To my cover? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt_XV33SW8g

If you meant a link to the full version, it hasn't been released yet. I've only heard rumours about it on the Fightstar forums.

Yeah I might your cover, I'll watch it later

The full version....I cant wiat...the Radio 1 version has something like 67 plays for me already

Quote by AwesomeDrummer
looking forward to hearing the new song in full.

when will they come to Australia???????

To my knowledge, nothing's been said so far. I've only heard about Europe and the USA. Maybe sometime in the next couple of years.

The UK tour started today I can't believe I'm missing out just because of my lousy mates not wanting to go
Last edited by Carl6661 at Oct 21, 2009,
I'm seeing them up london in ten days!
From what i've heard they put on an epic live show, and as if it couldn't get better, young guns are supporting them!
Two of my favorite bands in the same gig.
Also that new song is epic, they really just keep getting better.
Quote by Rory's_strat
I'm seeing them up london in ten days!
From what i've heard they put on an epic live show, and as if it couldn't get better, young guns are supporting them!
Two of my favorite bands in the same gig.
Also that new song is epic, they really just keep getting better.

I saw Young Guns supporting Fightstar at the itunes festival. Great band, but their live set was kinda disappointing. I also didn't know the words, so if I go see them again i'll be at the front...rocking out, as I'm now a massive fan.

Anyway...I think the migration from Pop Punk & Emo forum to Modern Rock forums is going pretty well

Quote by EndTheRapture51
I saw Young Guns supporting Fightstar at the itunes festival. Great band, but their live set was kinda disappointing. I also didn't know the words, so if I go see them again i'll be at the front...rocking out, as I'm now a massive fan.

Anyway...I think the migration from Pop Punk & Emo forum to Modern Rock forums is going pretty well

Is prego supporting them as well? Cause Prego are quite the band (singer is Charlie's brother).
Quote by AwesomeDrummer
Is prego supporting them as well? Cause Prego are quite the band (singer is Charlie's brother).

The support acts are Prego, Saving Aimee, and Young Guns, if I remember correctly.

Why Saving Aimee are supporting a band as good as Fightstar I do not know.
I love them... and I'm rather gutted I can't see them on Monday as my ex bought the tickets I was gonna use D:
Quote by Carl6661
The support acts are Prego, Saving Aimee, and Young Guns, if I remember correctly.

Why Saving Aimee are supporting a band as good as Fightstar I do not know.

I saw this tour in exeter 2 nights ago.

Oh. My. Freaking. God.

I've seen them 5 times now and this was the best by far. They played a really heavy set (deathcar, chemical blood, amaze us and tannhauser gate!) and the crowd went off big time. We didn't get saving aimee either. We got deaf havana, who are way better. Unoriginal but better. Young guns were ok. They got a good reaction but they don't justify the massive hype people are giving them over here. They need songs and fast though. We missed the first band.
Quote by Hammerzeit
I saw this tour in exeter 2 nights ago.

Oh. My. Freaking. God.

I've seen them 5 times now and this was the best by far. They played a really heavy set (deathcar, chemical blood, amaze us and tannhauser gate!) and the crowd went off big time. We didn't get saving aimee either. We got deaf havana, who are way better. Unoriginal but better. Young guns were ok. They got a good reaction but they don't justify the massive hype people are giving them over here. They need songs and fast though. We missed the first band.

Unfortunate you missed Prego, they really a great band. Got their debut album coming out soonish i believe. Singer is very, very impressive.
My dream is to see Tannhauser Gate live.

Also they need to play Damocles live, its one of the best songs on Be Human.

...you think? I think it's kind of bland.

Chemical Blood on the other hand, I'd love to see that.
Page 1 of 3