EMG 81/85 or Seymore Duncan blackouts? and why?
Also any other picup sugestions for Punk/Rock/Metal?
thanx
EMGs are great for metal, but not so much for anything else. Actives just arent versatile pickups.

I recommend the DiMarzio D-Sonic or D-Activator and an Air Nortion or PAF Pro in the neck.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
What amp do you have?
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
What amp do you have?

Oops, forgot to ask the all-important question.
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
I don't see the point of Blackouts unless you're using them for long cable runs and rigs with a lot of things between the guitar and amp. I can see the point if you're guitar already came with EMGs and you want something more organic without completely changing the electronics. Actives don't really offer as much output as you think. You should look at some passives also. Do some more research on pickups and see what active means, and more importantly, what it doesn't mean. Most people don't need actives unless they want EMG tone.
Quote by JELIFISH19
I don't see the point of Blackouts unless you're using them for long cable runs and rigs with a lot of things between the guitar and amp. I can see the point if you're guitar already came with EMGs and you want something more organic without completely changing the electronics. Actives don't really offer as much output as you think. You should look at some passives also. Do some more research on pickups and see what active means, and more importantly, what it doesn't mean. Most people don't need actives unless they want EMG tone.

This. 100,000%.

I have EMGs because I wanted a guitar with the EMG tone, and I bought actives because noise bothers the piss out of me, though on my RGT Im going with some hot passives and Im going to buy a noise-gate.

Personally, after putting actives in my LTD, I dont think I'll do it again, theyre just not all that great for what you lose.
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212