okay, so my predicted is 26 for IB, and i need to pick my unis now.
i wanna do business, so i've been looking around and the only application ive filled out on UCAS is for westminster, which will take me with 28. (not that hard to get 2 more points)

anyone got any suggestions on other unis i can look at in the london area, or in other big cities in the UK for business, that will take me with my points? 26 at IB roughly equates to 306 UCAS points, which is AAB/ABB at A level i think?
pffffft, IB is for losers.

But in all seriousness, those are only your predicted, not your definite.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by lucertia.
The University of Life.

You failed out obviously.

TS, what the balls are IB points?

I'm assuming its something european?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

What actually is IB?

I hope it's not like B-Tech. When I used to go to school, b-tech was a "vocational" equivalent of a-levels for the morons who failed math gcse. Usually instead of doing real work, they got to make posters with coloured sugar paper and pritt stick and safety scissors...

...Lucky f*ckers!
its nothing like BTEC, haha - couple of kids in my school left to go to the only school in hong kong that offers BTEC, not surprisingly they still have their social lives in order! :P
I'm doing the IB too and it's basically ****ing my life too, but I didn't get my predicted yet.. What you should do is apply using your external grades (may 2010), cause 26 points suck major balls.. Like if you get a 32 at least and apply for late admissions it's better than a 26. But if you also get **** grades on the externals then you'll probably have to go to a **** uni.

BTW, you doing Science or art stream?
@DieGarbageMan: what happened is that im not asian enough :P
@Portugueseboy: we don't get streamed here... but my subjects are more arts/humanities based: higher english lit A1, philosophy and film, standards physics, italian and maths studies
Psh, IB is for, well, I'm not entirely sure. I have no experience of them. I have a mate you goes to a Grammar School and does them. He seems to like them.
hello
Quote by DieGarbageMan
You IB students usually have AAAA grade averages

what happened?

They let common folk into them.

I still don't really see the need with the IB, especially now they've introduced the A* grade at A Level. As long as you take four tough subjects at A Level and get good grades, the IB is pretty irrelevant. International recognition is the main attraction, but I still don't know how true that is.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by skidmarks.
@DieGarbageMan: what happened is that im not asian enough :P
@Portugueseboy: we don't get streamed here... but my subjects are more arts/humanities based: higher english lit A1, philosophy and film, standards physics, italian and maths studies

Ya, that would be considered art stream in my school, but your subjects are not that hard, get the questionbanks for math and physics and practice for an hour everyday, guaranteed 7 in both subjects.. You should try Math HL, ****s you up real good..

Quote by freddaahh
They let common folk into them.

I still don't really see the need with the IB, especially now they've introduced the A* grade at A Level. As long as you take four tough subjects at A Level and get good grades, the IB is pretty irrelevant. International recognition is the main attraction, but I still don't know how true that is.

Yep, that's 100% true, I'm basically working my balls off doing unnecessary stuff (like cas hours, ee essay, tok essay), not to mention the harder sciences and maths, and i get the same recognition in mostly all universities.
Last edited by Portuguese_boy at Oct 12, 2009,
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Ya, that would be considered art stream in my school, but your subjects are not that hard, get the questionbanks for math and physics and practice for an hour everyday, guaranteed 7 in both subjects.. You should try Math HL, ****s you up real good..

Only 4% of the world gets a 7 in math in IB.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
He takes Math Studies not HL.

Oh math studies isn't hard at all. I've seen the book, I did harder math problems in Math 11A in pre-ib.
its not exactly hard, i just dont show up for class as much as i should.. so im kinda falling behind, my fault i know
uh, maybe because it wasnt my choice and its pretty much the only curriculum offered by intl schools here?