Are they actually any good, or is the nanomag a stupid gimmick? I wanna hear an opinion from someone who's tried it personally and actually knows what they're talking about, because half the time, the person reviewing either didn't know what he/she was talking about, or was a dealer and didn't want to slander their own product at the cost of sales. So anyone actually try it out and love the nanomag pickup or is it too overglorified?

I'd try it out myself, but the only place near me that sells it (GC) has only one copy, and the battery compartment for the nanomag is broken, so... yeah.
The Nanomag is nothing fancy. It has some usable acoustic tones but it's nothing compared to a piezo system or something similar. The knobs on the back felt kind of flimsy too so I could imaging a belt buckle messing with your settings.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Hm, yeah, the knobs on the back did feel pretty loose in hand, although I guess I could jerry rig a sort of cover.

Is it worth shelling out the extra 200$ or so for it over a standard Epi Les Paul though? I mean like, I think it sounded pretty cool from the demo's, but with that extra money, I could very well get an acoustic simulator (although acoustic simulators seem pretty lame, as a purist) and a ton of other things to really beef out my rather sad arsenal.
Are you going to be using it a lot? Can you justify spending that much? If you can, then by all means go for it. Personally, I would just buy a regular standard.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Hm, well, I think it wouldn't be that bad of a hit, considering the possibilities it could give live, but is the nanomag pup something you could upgrade if ever? Like, if I just wanted to replace the nanomag with something better but still have the same system with the EQ in the back, is that possible?
Well, I don't know if it'll interest you or not, but you could try this:

http://www.dv247.com/guitars/fender-deluxe-power-stratocaster-hb--40874

This might be a bit more versatile and all that. Again, its up to you, but I mean with that guitar you could shove a humbucking neck pickup in there if you like that kinda thing (plus you'd still have the middle single coil for versitilty), and it has a fairly good piezo system for acousticy tones.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Hm, well, I was really looking to get a Les Paul because they feel a lot more comfortable to play for me than strats.