Hey,
I've been recording some small things for a while now with cubase, but I'd like to get better at it. So far my recordings have been of rather poor quality, but it was good enough.
Now I'd like to make some decent recordings, and I know more is possible.
So where should I start?

Any books that are worth reading? Or really good tutorials?

All help is appreciated.

Oh and I don't have any mixers or any special hardware, and not really any money to spend on them. I've been recording using my multieffect pedal so far, and I'd like to keep it at that

Thanks!
Quote by Sledneck

Oh and I don't have any mixers or any special hardware,

this is your problem.

no amount of software will compensate for crappy PC soundcards, or other low-end hardware.
Thanks man, that link looks very interesting.

@TheDriller: I know people that make pretty decent recordings with only their soundcard.
Maybe not the best, but still very decent.
Quote by Sledneck

@TheDriller: I know people that make pretty decent recordings with only their soundcard.
Maybe not the best, but still very decent.

I know, i used to do just the same for a long time before i got serious with audio.
what i mean is that you're looking in the wrong direction with the original post.
its not the software that makes the recordings, its the engineer, the skills (and a minimum standard of hardware quality) that make it.

so getting a book about cubase isn't really gonna help in that regard.

I honestly suggest you get a second hand USB interface somehow, even the cheapest ones will be a big step up from the computer soundcard, and will allow you to develop your skills to the full.
I'll have a look into those. But I think for the time being, learning to work with the equalizers and effects will help me as well. So far I've been hitting the record button and exporting to mp3. Either way, there's more to it than that.

I'll also look into interfaces. Ant other suggestions are welcome as well.