hey guys, been looking into getting a mesa dual rectifier head for some good heavy tones. My previous set up had a line out that i could go through a DI into my recording set up and it seemed to produce a cleaner sound than micing the cab. Noticed to Mesa has a 'slave out' that is mostly used for hooking into another amp. Just seeing if this can be used as a 'line out' for recording purposes, has anyone tried this? Also ive heard people taking the Fx loop (send or return?) signal out and into their recording rig, can anyone shed some light on this from experience?
Schecter C-1+, Fender American HSS Strat
Egnater Tourmaster 4212
Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb Head, rectifier 4x12 cab

mic for recording it sounds so much better
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
mhhh...to me the best way to record is micing the cab. Maybe you were putting the mic directly in the middle of the cone wich you shouldn't do. I like to have my sm57 half on the middle of the cone and the other half next to it.. Otherwise you'll get a fuzzy grainy tone.

People often complain about the rectos but when you know how to propertly tweak them (they have active EQ) and use them, they're awesome amps.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Last edited by AmericanParadox at Oct 12, 2009,
Yeah I use a blue rave. It was that or the 57 beta
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
Impulses can get you some good results but there's a learning curve.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
yea thats about the position i use as well, u leave space or right against the grill cloth? also any EQ tips to 'beef' up the sound? had been recording with a 57 or EV N/D 468 (ball looking mic). the set up i was looking at was a dual rec with an avatar cab with 2 v30s and 2 g12t-75s in an X pattern. Trying to get a heavy modern gain avenged sevenfold type of tone, any thoughts are appreciated
Schecter C-1+, Fender American HSS Strat
Egnater Tourmaster 4212
Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb Head, rectifier 4x12 cab

I leave space between the mic and the cloth.
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET