For this problem to make sense i'll have to briefly explain the situation before hand, so bare with me...

Basically we had a new computer built and had all the memory from the old computer put into the newer hard drive. When i checked my itunes i saw that somehow the guy had managed to end up putting 2-4 duplicates of every song on my playlist in the new hard drive. So i went through and deleted the duplicates, sending them to my recycle bin, but when i checked the bin there weren't any songs in there. When i checked the properties of the bin i saw the capacity was limited to 3.99Gb, but the amount of songs i removed from itunes was about 10x more than this. So ive changed this limit, but i dont know where these deleted files are and it hasnt seemed to free up any space on the new hard drive

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
If there were duplicates of the songs in itunes either:
They were only multiple references to the same file so you didn't actually delete anything, just the references in iTunes
Or
There actually were multiples of each song and you only deleted the references and not the actual MP3, therefore not saving any space.

Don't blame the guy for the doubles in iTunes.
It happens in iTunes because it's a piece of **** software. I've done it to at least 2 of my friends while attempting to fix something else.
Either because they're duplicates it will just rid of them alltogether.
Or
You reached the limit and they got deleated as you went along
Or
some paranormal **** is happening
Quote by identityxcrysis
If there were duplicates of the songs in itunes either:
They were only multiple references to the same file so you didn't actually delete anything, just the references in iTunes
Or
There actually were multiples of each song and you only deleted the references and not the actual MP3, therefore not saving any space.

Don't blame the guy for the doubles in iTunes.
It happens in iTunes because it's a piece of **** software. I've done it to at least 2 of my friends while attempting to fix something else.

THIS.

Check the folder where you store your music and report back in.
GEAR:
Fender MIM HSS Strat
VOX AD30VT
FUNDS: $600
Quote by identityxcrysis

Or

well it said that there was around 39Gb of music on there when there should have only been 13...so i deleted the files and it went down to 13
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
If the size of the files you are sending to the recycling bin are larger than the limit on the bin allows, then the items are erased from your drive without being sent to the recycling bin.
Quote by CDubDSP
If the size of the files you are sending to the recycling bin are larger than the limit on the bin allows, then the items are erased from your drive without being sent to the recycling bin.

This. as long as the files are not still in the music folder, they are permanently deleted from your computer.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu