put simply, that was awful. You probably played it fine but that's one **** piece of music.

Oh right, you wanted to know about your picking. You're not picking with your wrist properly, you need to make sure your arm and thumb stay still at all times. I mean, you are picking with your wrist....just not properly.
Last edited by Arctine at Oct 12, 2009,
wow, really good dude. very impressive
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
Quote by Arctine
put simply, that was awful. You probably played it fine but that's one **** piece of music.

Oh right, you wanted to know about your picking. You're not picking with your wrist properly, you need to make sure your arm and thumb stay still at all times. I mean, you are picking with your wrist....just not properly.

Lol everyone his tastes I guess

And what, isn't the arm allowed to move at all?
Quote by KoenDercksen
Lol everyone his tastes I guess

And what, isn't the arm allowed to move at all?

No, you can do what you want. Just the, with want of a better word, authentic way of pick is to keep your arm still and use only your wrist. It doesn't ACTUALLY matter all that much as far as i'm aware though.
it was so bad i turned it off rapidly (about 30 seconds after the harmonic dive bomb)

now for a piece of advice, you need to learn to mute the unused strings and get a noise get to lose the hiss for any parts where you`re not playing (a hair tie round the neck will dampen the unused strings)

finally make sure you guitar is in tune before recording(new strings are preferable aswell for better results) and there is a separate forum for rating peeps playing.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Oct 12, 2009,
Quote by ibanezgod1973
it was so bad i turned it off rapidly (about 30 seconds after the harmonic dive bomb)

now for a piece of advice, you need to learn to mute the unopened strings and get a noise get to lose the hiss for any parts where you`re not playing (a hair tie round the neck will dampen the unused strings)

finally make sure you guitar is in tune before recording(new strings are preferable aswell for better results) and there is a separate forum for rating peeps playing.

The guitar is perfectly in tune, the strings are new, this wasn't just for rating my playing, and it could be that I made some muting mistakes a few times but I honestly don't think it is as bad as you make it look.
Quote by ibanezgod1973

now for a piece of advice, you need to learn to mute the unopened strings and get a noise get to lose the hiss for any parts where you`re not playing (a hair tie round the neck will dampen the unused strings)

wat

My head hurts after reading that.

OP, don't listen to this dude, he's talking nosense o.0
Do not use a hair tie. I thought it was ok, but then i'm listening to it really quietly. Work on everything properly and put in proper effort and this time in 2 years i think you'll be a very good guitarist.
UG is the worst place to ask for advice. It's the blind leading the blind here.

Your picking is fine. Just find a way that you can play comfortably and accurately.
Quote by shredder1223
UG is the worst place to ask for advice. It's the blind leading the blind here.

Your picking is fine. Just find a way that you can play comfortably and accurately.

Lol. I've gotten some really useful advice here though, not specifically in this thread, but in general. I understand what you say though.