I dont really play metal, more classic rock. Havent played much on my EC-1000 since i bought it, so i thought id throw it on craigslist to see what i could get for it

guys offering me a made in korea lite ash strat, with seymour pickups -

Im considering cuz i love my current strat and wouldn't mind it as a backup. But my current strat has a seymore duncan hot rail in the bridge, so im wondering if i really need another one...

plus the EC-1000 cost me more to start with....

Just wondering your thoughts...i do like the look of that ash strat, and sure i would like the feel. Plus its a 22 fret neck....

Anyway -

Whats your thoughts -

Thx again,

Boyd
Lite Ash Strats are actually really good guitars. They've got those Alnico II Pro single coils as well, which are quite nice sounding, and a lot different from Hot Rails. The ash gives it a different character to other Strats as well, which is quite cool.

It's gonna be a lot different from your EC1000, since that's a Les Paul type guitar and all that. If you're more of a Strat guy, I'd say go for it, although ask the guy if you can try it (if you're close enough to him). It would be worth it if you prefer it to your LTD.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Thx Little Mac - that was kind of my feeling as well.

Guess i was thinking that i spent 879 for my guitar and his cost him anywhere from 600-799
Quote by boyd98
Thx Little Mac - that was kind of my feeling as well.

Guess i was thinking that i spent 879 for my guitar and his cost him anywhere from 600-799

Doesn't matter if you spent 6,000 on it if you never play it, seems to me.
yea but never playing something and losing money on it would be two different things -

there's probably stuff in your house you dont want, but your not going to throw it away if it has value....

kinda like trading in a car - i know im going to lose money on it or i can try to sell it outright to make more money....

just wanted your opion if the value factor is about the same...
Well, I suppose you'd have to figure out if it's worth it to you to buy that guitar outright...and then sell your guitar and hope you sell it for more than you spent.

What about asking him to throw in 50 bucks with the trade?

Quote by boyd98

there's probably stuff in your house you dont want, but your not going to throw it away if it has value....

Dude you should see the stuff I've given away on freecycle. If I'm not using it and nobody else I know wants it...I pretty much purge it.

I'm still kicking myself for selling A Crate GX20, a Zoom 99 pedal thingy, and a nearly mint 1999 MIM Strat for $125 shipped back in 2003.
Last edited by Commodor 64 at Oct 12, 2009,
yea, i did do that - his comes with a case and he offerred to throw in a 12 channel unpowered sun mixer (not sure how old it is)
Quote by boyd98
yea but never playing something and losing money on it would be two different things -

kinda like trading in a car - i know im going to lose money on it or i can try to sell it outright to make more money....

just wanted your opion if the value factor is about the same...

you have to look at it this way. The EC-1000 is still in production and arent that special, but the Lite-Ash Strats/Teles are a discontinued, sought after guitar, so the trade is more even than you think
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?