On a 100w head with master volume, how quiet are you going to be able to get it? What adverse effects will this have on the tone?

found a really great deal on a Marshall Kerry King sig., but its 100 watts, and if I go for it I won't be buying an attenuator in the next few months It may be a great deal, but it isn't THAT good
How small? Because 100w isn't really that much for anything more than about 50 people, especially if your drummer is a hard hitter.

Obviously it depends if you're PA'ed too.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by druggietoad2k5
How small? Because 100w isn't really that much for anything more than about 50 people, especially if your drummer is a hard hitter.

Obviously it depends if you're PA'ed too.

Depends, a Super Lead Plexi could dowse down 200+ people at around 6, let alone it's maximum capacity...

Some 100 watters do have the Class AB-A switch, some even have that with a pentode triode switch so they could basically go down to around 30 watts or so.
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
On a 100w head with master volume, how quiet are you going to be able to get it? What adverse effects will this have on the tone?

found a really great deal on a Marshall Kerry King sig., but its 100 watts, and if I go for it I won't be buying an attenuator in the next few months It may be a great deal, but it isn't THAT good

Won't sound as good at bedroom volumes as it does with the master turned up. However, it'll still sound better than most modellers and SS amplifiers.
WTLTL 2011