Okay, so i have a Fender Blues Junior NOS Tweed limited edition amp, its a
long-mcquade 50th/ Fender 60th anniversary model so there arent too many around.

I bought it a few months back from the original owner who decided to dye the tolex brown the original tweed colour can still be seen perfectly on the inside of the amp but he dyed the whole outside **** brown..

I was wondering if there was any possible way to restore the original tweed colour without re-tolexing the amp.

tl;dr Fender Tweed amp dyed brown by 1st owner, Possible to restore original colour?
Gibson SG Standard

Custom Monterey Strat with Half scallop and CS 69's

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
Bleach is my only guess, but it would just be better to re-tolex it in my opinion.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Quote by salsawords
Bleach is my only guess, but it would just be better to re-tolex it in my opinion.

bleaching would also bleach out the original color.

Retolexing is the best option, as much as I know you probably don't want to do that. Applying Tolex is actually pretty easy as long as you take your time and do it right.
Quote by XgamerGt04
bleaching would also bleach out the original color.
then dying to a beige/honey colour would be possible. If bleaching fails, what has he lost? He will have to re-tolex. You're saying don't even try, just re-tolex.

I'd start with a "colour safe" bleach like sodium carbonate and sodium percarbonate (Oxiclean). If that doesn't do it, a dilute chlorine bleach & water. Give it plenty of time to work.

Still no joy? Re-tolex.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Thanks for the help, ill try bleaching some spots on the back or sides.
Gibson SG Standard

Custom Monterey Strat with Half scallop and CS 69's

Marshall Class 5

EHX Big Muff
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
then dying to a beige/honey colour would be possible. If bleaching fails, what has he lost? He will have to re-tolex. You're saying don't even try, just re-tolex.

I'd start with a "colour safe" bleach like sodium carbonate and sodium percarbonate (Oxiclean). If that doesn't do it, a dilute chlorine bleach & water. Give it plenty of time to work.

Still no joy? Re-tolex.

It would be very difficult to get the two tone color of tweed back though. I'm just saying that he likely won't be able to remove the new dye without getting rid of the old color as well. Anything is worth a shot though.

Edit: I've heard of people using different car interior cleaners to clean tolex before so that may be something you can look into.
Last edited by XgamerGt04 at Oct 12, 2009,