'Sup Pit.

I broke my ring and middle finger 5 days ago at the joints, and well, naturally it stopped me from playing guitar for that time.

However recently, I've picked up my guitar again and I can play fine, except for a tiny bit o' pain when I go a bit too excessive.

Now I wanna know, what injuries has the pit had that's prevented them from playing guitar, and how long did it take to overcome it? x
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
one time the first 3-4 layers of skin came off of my fingers, so, I couldn't play for a week or two.

And I have to keep playing every day or it will happen again

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by Dirge Humani
Don't play, idiot. You're going to fuck your fingers up.

In other news, my foot is currently sprained/strained/broken/it hurts. And I can't walk normal.

Not broken.

I broke my foot in august... I knew right away it was broken, and I couldn't walk on it for weeks. What did you do to it though?
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I'm a man made out steel, and thus doesn't break so easily. Never been in a cast or anything, actually.

I walked into a plank once, though. Hurt like hell. Almost lost my eye
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Due to years of terrible posture and many accounts of retardation, I have busticated both my of shoulders with the rotator cuff. So, I am going to have to need surgery, but that would mean I won't be able to play guitar for quite some time, and I will not allow that...

So, I am currently 'injured' and it prevents me from playing for an extended period of time.
IE: I was learning 'two weeks' by ATR and within 20 minute of practicing, I had to stop due to a fiery pain in my shoulder.

It has now limited my potential speed

I will eventually get it fixed, but I am also a computer programmer, so I need both of my hands and the operation would leave me in a crippled state for a time I can't allow.

Poop....
Quote by dustyboy316
Not broken.

I broke my foot in august... I knew right away it was broken, and I couldn't walk on it for weeks. What did you do to it though?

I don't know. I just had an Xray, and they said is was normal. But, about 5 years ago, I fractured my foot, and it didn't show up until I got an MRI on it...so I'm not sure what to think.
Quote by Dirge Humani
I don't know. I just had an Xray, and they said is was normal. But, about 5 years ago, I fractured my foot, and it didn't show up until I got an MRI on it...so I'm not sure what to think.

Yah, you never know. It took them a month to figure out I broke 2 bones instead of one...
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I've only stretched my fingers putting them in pain as I play. No biggie.
DeVillains!
Quote by Ylasto
I've only stretched my fingers putting them in pain as I play. No biggie.

That reminds me. I got all of my fingers bent back in rugby. I think 4 were sprained. Felt like I broke them when it happened, but I was playing fly half so I had to get right back into the play.
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

i broke my hand once... luckily it was my right (strumming) hand so i could carry on playing a bit even with a plaster... picking was impossible for a while but strumming was fine^^
I had a stroke when i was 18 stopped me playing properly for 3 years...really thinking of switching to drums now its not the same
Quote by Petey2522
I had a stroke when i was 18 stopped me playing properly for 3 years...really thinking of switching to drums now its not the same

Really? How did that happen?
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by metalh3ad88
Ive had lots of injuries like that, but I fingered out how to overcome them eventually.

http://instantrimshot.com/

On topic, I've broken both my pinkies twice from hitting things that don't hit back (and a few that did... ), which really sucked ass. I'm only 17 and I have arthritis in my right (picking) hand now, from breaking my finger and tearing off the cast after a week 'cause I couldn't stand not playing.
I broke a tendon in my finger and had to wear a splint otherwise I'd get 'mallet finger' where the finger stays bent permanently. Freakin' annoying but worked around it .
Last edited by salamander121 at Oct 12, 2009,
I cut my left index finger. I have nerve damage and lost the feeling in it. I have a hard time feeling if I am pressing down hard enough on bar chords.
I fell at work and shattered a vertebrae. I wasn't allowed to do much at all for 2 months.
Quote by dustyboy316
Change that sig, **** thats annoying.

My Effector Mod
The only bone I've ever broken was my nose. And that didn't prevent me from playing guitar. I've been lucky so far.
Broke my arm,but i was into bass then so it was no big problem..
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
i cut off all my limbs and i can still play fine, i dont see what your problem is
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Jesus, what hasn't been broken on me.

2 broken ribs, a broken femur, 3 screws in my ankle, dislocated knee and shoulder, and minor pelvic damage. I was tripping balls off pain meds for half my teenage years.
I currently have a 2nd degree sprained ankle with some signs of 3rd degree. I've been on crutches for 3 weeks. God I hate my life.
I'm pretty sure I fractured my knee today. It feels funny. I should probably go to the doctor.