I just bought my first pedal (Jimi Hendrix Jh-1b Signature Wah) from guitar center and decided to purchase the performance guarantee. It was 20$ extra and lasts 2 years. The salesman told me i have 60 days to get a refund on the performance guarantee if i decided later that i didn't want it.

So my questions are:

Should I have paid the extra 20$ for the performance guarantee?
Have any of you had good or bad experiences with the performance guarantee?
Quote by Jake2
I just bought my first pedal (Jimi Hendrix Jh-1b Signature Wah) from guitar center and decided to purchase the performance guarantee. It was 20$ extra and lasts 2 years. The salesman told me i have 60 days to get a refund on the performance guarantee if i decided later that i didn't want it.

So my questions are:

Should I have paid the extra 20$ for the performance guarantee?
Have any of you had good or bad experiences with the performance guarantee?

I do those on big purchases, but how much was the wah? I look at them as proportions. I do not spend more than, let's say, 5% of my original purchase on a warranty. So if that pedal is less than $400 I would not have bought the policy... But that is just me and there is no reason why I am right.

If the pedal breaks and you don't have it you'll be pissed, if the pedal doesn't break and you do have it, you'll be pissed. Decide which will piss you off more and avoid that.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Oct 12, 2009,
You paid an extra 15% for a 2-year warranty on a pedal that already has a 1 year warranty.
It doesn't cover accidental damage, and they're going to give you a fair bit of hassle if you ever do try to return it. I'd get your money back. Extended warranties are almost always a waste of money.

Anything that goes wrong with the wah is probably going to cost about $10 in parts to fix anyway.
Quote by Roc8995
You paid an extra 15% for a 2-year warranty on a pedal that already has a 1 year warranty.
It doesn't cover accidental damage, and they're going to give you a fair bit of hassle if you ever do try to return it. I'd get your money back. Extended warranties are almost always a waste of money.

Anything that goes wrong with the wah is probably going to cost about $10 in parts to fix anyway.

This was kind of my point.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Performance guarantees are are rip off, until
something breaks.. Pedals take a beating dude. Go wah with reckless abandon.
Quote by Roc8995

That's kind of what i was thinking. I will probably get a refund on it.
rip off. they say it covers all this stuff, bullsh*t, it doesnt cover jack. its just a year more of the same warranty. and if it lasts that long then you should be ok
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
i only do it on Huge purchase

example: a Mesa triple recto and matching cab or a Vintage modern with 1960 cab

or Gibson shop guitar ECT
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
i only do it on Huge purchase

example: a Mesa triple recto and matching cab or a Vintage modern with 1960 cab

or Gibson shop guitar ECT

I would be more apt to buy a warranty on small purchases. At 15% a $50 pedal has a warranty cost of $7.50. Not bad for something you know you're going to beat the crap out of. The warranty cost on a $3000 half stack is a whopping $450!! Companies tend to stand behind their high end stuff making an extended warranty redundant. The one time I purchased a warranty from Guitar Center and then used it, GC replaced the pedal no questions asked.
no not really,Everything cost 20 buck for the warranty @ my GC
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by Roc8995

WRONG. Bought a Peavey Vypyr 75 at GC with extended warranty. It died. Called GC, they refered me to warranty center. Warranty center sent me a check for the price of the Vypyr while Peavey repaired it (both were aware of what I was doing). Bought a nice LTD with the difference at GC. Don't know if it would be worth it for a wah pedal though, but for a mid size amp, warranty rules.
I never buy the warranty, I don't really think it's worth it, especially on a pedal.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by O.O Meow O.O
no not really,Everything cost 20 buck for the warranty @ my GC

Warranties are a flat rate of $20 regardless of original price? I doubt it.
I'd say a warranty for that pedal is redunant. If it doesn't break within a year it won't probably break during the second year (at least not in a way warranty covers). Plus wah's are easy fixes. The price for components will be less than half that of the warranty.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009