Who else just watched this?

Nature programmes never fail to astonish me, and I thought the bit at the end giving an insight to the 3 year expedition itself was extremely interesting. It is also quite apparent that baby penguins are very f*cking stupid.

If you haven't seen it yet, watch it when it gets but on BBC iPlayer. You won't be disappointed.

So, those who watched it... discuss. What was the best bit, what would you like to see from the rest of the series? Any other cool nature things?
Was watching it, pretty great but like you said they always are.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Was AMAZING!
Them Monkeys breaking stuff with the stones called "the anvil" they were so amazing, and their human expressions when using their strength!
Also when the 3 cheetah's ganged up on the ostrich, was so... real!
Aww balls I missed it.

Will iPlayer
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Isn't he like 300 years old?

He's awesome though. Wish they'd show his programs a bit more often in Sweden.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I never thought I'd see dolphins do what they did at the beginning. They're f*cking geniuses.

What, were they splitting the atom? Geniuses.

Actually i saw dolphins on tv the other day blowing bubbles and doing tricks with them.
is it just called "Life"? 'cos I've found it on iPlayer, but you made it sound as though it was about his life.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by lucertia.
What, were they splitting the atom? Geniuses.

Actually i saw dolphins on tv the other day blowing bubbles and doing tricks with them.

If you didn't watch it, they had one dolphin encircle a school of fish whilst hitting the seabed with it's tail, kicking up mud to trap the fish. The fish jump out of the water and over the mud to escape... right into the open mouths of a waiting pod of dolphins.
Quote by pwnerer
For all youse who missed it (including myself):

I'm sure ninjavideo will upload it soon, seeing as they have a MASSIVE boner for David Attenborough.

Who doesn't?
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I was very surprised to see cheetahs working together. Just goes to show how behaviour can evolve.

It's scary, shows why I like to believe humans are the underdog specie, if we never had our brains as powerful as they are.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I was very surprised to see cheetahs working together. Just goes to show how behaviour can evolve.

But that is cheeting!!
**** i forgot to record it

better be on i player
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Anything with David Attenborough is amazing in my view, the camera crews he work with are exceptional too.

Going to iplayer this later
Only caught the second half, though from what I saw, as always, it was very good.

I found the part with the frog pretty interesting, though I did manage to guess they weren't going to be in a pond.
Good program, I always find myself supporting the prey though. Like the seal who made it
Quote by Bestykid
Good program, I always find myself supporting the prey though. Like the seal who made it

I bet during the penguin segment you were there going:

"Yes! Break through the ice you feathered paragon of innocence! Go show your brothers! Show your sisters! Show them how... wait. Wait a minute... no! NO! GET OFF HIM YOU MONSTER!"

*penguin gets maliciously flayed*
I saw it, and I thought it was excellent. Though i missed the first twenty minutes =/

My favourite was the birds who danced on water as their mating ritual :P
We're just dancing
We're just hugging,singing, screaming, kissing, tugging
On the sleeve of how it used to be
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I bet during the penguin segment you were there going:

"Yes! Break through the ice you feathered paragon of innocence! Go show your brothers! Show your sisters! Show them how... wait. Wait a minute... no! NO! GET OFF HIM YOU MONSTER!"

*penguin gets maliciously flayed*

I was especially dismayed because I have such a close relation to Penguins; i'm socially awkward
It certainly knows how to coax out every little nuance of genius within nature.

edit: "it", as in... he. Silly boy, Daniel.
Last edited by AngryGoldfish at Oct 12, 2009,