I am in a band, and at the moment we're just going to do covers until we write our own music. I am having a difficult time deciding on songs to attempt, so does anyone have any suggestions?

Genre: Metal/Rock/Blues
Preferred time period: 1970-1996
Well thats not hard to make a list for at all.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Well luckily I have prepared for this, studied, researched and worked my ass off to tell you THE 10 best songs to cover personally for YOUR band...
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
"More Than A Feeling" by Boston
"Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake
"Rio" by Duran Duran
"Agadoo" by Black Lace
I'll get back to you. I'll call myself in sick and I'll reply in this thread tomorrow again. These threads are so interesting.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by ctb
"More Than A Feeling" by Boston
"Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake
"Rio" by Duran Duran
"Agadoo" by Black Lace

ew, boston
Quote by Whiskey Tango
What type of covers (i.e. classic rock, pop, metal, etc.)?

Metal, Rock, or Blues. Preferred time period is from 1970 to 1996.
Quote by Drache Wachter

And what genre?
Black Sabbath in the Ozzy era
Led Zeppelin
Honestly, look at the music YOU like and decide for YOURself
Quote by darkcheef
Black Sabbath in the Ozzy era
Led Zeppelin
Honestly, look at the music YOU like and decide for YOURself

Seems like an awful lot of trouble.
Try Play With Me by Extreme
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
Whiskey in the Jar by Metallicais a nice song to cover. everyone loves that song.
Whiskey in the Jar by Metallica is a nice song to cover. everyone loves that song.
Quote by ricv2106
. everyone loves that song.

Quote by ricv2106
Whiskey in the Jar by Metallicais a nice song to cover. everyone loves that song.

I love th Thin Lizzy version, I dispice that one
Quote by Drache Wachter

Yeah, totally glossed over that, sorry. Okay, first of all, sorry to hear you're playing covers. I feel I can say that because I've been doing it for 10+ years. But seriously...
a few things that I have learned in the past 10 years playing in a cover band. If you don't play what the crowd wants to hear (at least most of the time) then it's going to be a long night. Unfortunately, crowds aren't known for their taste in music. Most are sheep that yell out the same crap every night... Freebird, Mustang Sally, You Shook Me All Night Long, Old Time Rock n' Roll, blah, blah, blah. I hate to say it but if you want people on the dance floor, prepare to give them what they want. We started out as an 80's hair metal cover band (I can hear the snickers now) and quickly figured out that we weren't going to be playing very many shows (at least not in my area). However, you can sprinkle in a few tunes of stuff that you and your bandmates want to play, and some stuff that's a little more challenging.

As for an actual list of songs, I'm going to pass, simply because I don't want to get beat up in The Pit of listing lame ass songs. Do a Google search on Greatest Cover Songs or something like that and you'll get a list of completely worn out, over played, and disgusting list of songs. Or, check out the websites of some other cover bands in your local area to see what they're playing. I'm not saying to copy what they're doing, but you can get an idea of the bands they are covering and maybe cover a different song.