i'm thinking about getting a blackstar ht-5 and was wondering where would i put my boss ds-1, would it go directly into the amp through the imput or would i have to put it in the fx loop.
time base effect
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Delay, reverb, chorus, noise gate, flange all typically go in the effects loop. Really any mod or delay works better in there, at least if you want clean repeats. There is nothing wrong with having them in front though, if you prefer that. Just experiment!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
thanks guys i think i get the idea of it now, so it's something like distortion, overdrive and simulators e.g an accoustic go in through the input and modulation effects like delay, reverb, chorus, wah wah, volume, trmelo and equalisation go in the fx loop.
dimebag put his EQ infront of the amp
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Wah would go in front of the amp.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Wah would go in front of the amp.

Yeah, Wah is (usually) the first thing in your line, right after your guitar. But some, like Tome Morello, put it elsewhere.

BTW, Raijouta. Your sig is Teh Sexay!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."