Im a strong believer in not posting New bass day threads and stuff, but I think this seserves its own thread.
Before a Relient K concert in Atlanta, I aquired a new Spector bass at Guitar Center for $250. I like its tone better than my ATK so I am contemplating selling the ATK and using the money to soop up the spector, as it is only a performer series model.
Pics:
straight

angled

headstock

Me and muh bass

If I do sell the Ibanez I am planning on changing the bridge, adding an active split coil pickup, and adding a hipshot detuner. Now I have heard that the wood on the performer series is not as good as the usuall spector woods, so Maby this is my chance to finally start the bass body build I have been thinking about. If so, then I will make a body out of something cool like zebrano or bubinga(Im aware that bubinga is toxic if inhaled). Then Ill just go from there and see what I like. So talk to me about this, what are your oppinions or thoughts?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Last edited by c3powil at Oct 12, 2009,
So I was thinking, if I do end up making a new body I want to have EMGs because they are very transparent and I want the body wood to determine the tone.
I think these will do
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/EMG-PX-Active-Bass-Pickup-Set?sku=582539
but I dont know if I will be able to pair them with my passive EMGs that came with the bass...
I dont know much about pickups and wiring at all. The current electornis is a spector tone pump jr.
Inform me about pickups and electronics and things bass forum.
GHOST BUMP!!!
Last edited by c3powil at Oct 14, 2009,
I think the link is up now. Ill post some soundclips so you guys can see what it sounds like now and Ill tell you what I want it to sound like.