Deciding on my next guitar. I'm really leaning towards the Mockingbird. I usually don't like B.C. Rich's that well, but that is a great guitar.
If those three are your options we really can't help you. I'm not sure you could have picked three more different guitars. It's totally up to preference and what you're going to use the guitar for in this case.
Quote by Roc8995
If those three are your options we really can't help you. I'm not sure you could have picked three more different guitars. It's totally up to preference and what you're going to use the guitar for in this case.

agreed,

TS would be better if you posted what style of music you play and what other gear you`ve got in your rig
Quote by Roc8995

exactly, they have like....2 things in common (6 strings and wood)
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
exactly, they have like....2 things in common (6 strings and wood)

Pickups too
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
get all 3. that way you'll have variety. what do you want to play, or sound like? you are comparing apples, empty bottles, and pizza. they have nothing in common as far as tone goes. just think of what you want to play. that would be your biggest clue as far as what to get.
All my guitars are old enough to buy beer, are You?
Well I try to base my sound off Guns N' Roses. Izzy played Telecasters and ES-175's and Slash played a Mockingbird on stage.

EDIT: Oh and my gear...I just have a Roland Cube and a Crybaby wah. I have a job now though, so I'll be getting more gear as well.
Last edited by wwfattitude1998 at Oct 12, 2009,
Quote by wwfattitude1998
Well I try to base my sound off Guns N' Roses. Izzy played Telecasters and ES-175's and Slash played a Mockingbird on stage.

Well, Slash also played Guilds and a Jackson (briefly), and they both used Les Pauls.
Quote by sashki
Well, Slash also played Guilds and a Jackson (briefly), and they both used Les Pauls.

I already have a Les Paul and the only other Slash guitar I want is the Mockingbird. (or maybe another Les Paul, lol)

The ES-175 sounds great though and I love the way Telecasters play....So that's why I'm on the fence between the 3.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
Pickups too

SC and humbuckers. that's why i didnt list that as common on the 3

EDIT: slash's les paul was built by some local luthier, not by gibson. From gibson he also played SG's. He also used jacksons and washburns somewhere, along with the others mentioned

If you want GN'R tone, you dont need GN'R's guitars. Just a decent amp (yu already have one) and a decent guitar. Which Les Paul do you have? I would reccomend you to get a good les paul copy (Agile, upper-mid end epiphone, LTD, ibanez ART). You could be fine with an SG copy (g-400, esp). If you want a different type of guitar, i would reccomend an HSS strat or a fixed bridge Ibanez RG, these are very versatile because of their different pickup combinatons and you can get humbucker and single coil tones out of them.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Oct 12, 2009,
To me, it seems like you want the Mockingbird more because Slash played it than anything else. That being said, it seems that you like both the Telecaster and the ES-175. Really, it depends on which you want more at that point. The Telecaster will give you single-coil cleans that only a Fender can deliver, while the ES-175 will give you that nice semi-hollow guitar tone.

If I were faced with the same decision, I would take the ES-175. Try them out, see how well they fit your music, and then pick the one that sounds and feels the best to you.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King