Lately I've been looking into starting a home recording studio, and I'm kind of torn on what laptop I should get and what software I should run.

I was looking at Macs at first because of Logic Pro 9, mostly because I liked how many features were in one program and the Mainstage portion.
I then I saw how much Macbooks cost and their specs...it just didn't seem worth it, so I was thinking about emulating the operating system on a PC laptop and running it that way.

Instead of going through that hassle, is there any PC program that is an equivalent to Logic Pro 9?
I'd feel like a pretty big idiot if I went through all of that whenever there is an alternative hahaha.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Im talking to you on a Hackintosh right now, its fantastic. Ive got Logic Studio 09 and its better than anything ive personally experienced on PC.
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Well, if you've worked with Logic Pro 9 then there's definitely something to be said with staying with it. However, for your basic home recording setup, a PC is VERY capable of taking care of any of your needs.

That being said, I bought a Mac with the intention of running Cubase. However, I ended up using mainly and almost exclusively the Garageband that came bundled with the Mac.
Quote by Necr0maniac
Im talking to you on a Hackintosh right now, its fantastic. Ive got Logic Studio 09 and its better than anything ive personally experienced on PC.

So your Hackintosh runs Logic smoothly?
Thats pretty much my only worry at the moment, if its capable of running it fine then I think thats what I'm going to go with.
Quote by XSeizureSteve
So your Hackintosh runs Logic smoothly?
Thats pretty much my only worry at the moment, if its capable of running it fine then I think thats what I'm going to go with.

Yeah my specs are 2.8 dual core CPU and 3GB Ram

Not a particularly powerful PC, but it runs practically at the same speed as a Mac! Ive got an external audio interface to render audio, but it works fine without it as well.
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Quote by i am iron man
Honestly, if you want logic, get a mac, i've witnessed a mac emulated from a pc and it really doesn't work well at all, I can't even imagine it running recording software like logic.

Your wrong. Im running a hackintosh perfectly fine, Logic runs at full speed.
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Quote by Necr0maniac
Your wrong. Im running a hackintosh perfectly fine, Logic runs at full speed.

That's awesome, the one I saw ran awfully, really slow and glitchy but that was a fair while back so I guess it's come a way now.
Do you have any latency issues with it when recording?
Quote by i am iron man
That's awesome, the one I saw ran awfully, really slow and glitchy but that was a fair while back so I guess it's come a way now.
Do you have any latency issues with it when recording?

I use one of these things http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrack.html and nope not at all
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2