I was looking at a fender frontman 212R 100 watt amp to get for christmas, i tried it out and really liked it. But im now thinking that 100 watt would be too loud for my bedroom when i play at home. Would this be too loud? Also if i like this amp would the tone of 65R 65 watt frontman be pretty much the same or would the smaller speaker change it?

why would you want that amp????
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
It depends on what you want it for really. I have a 65R that I use as a pedal platform and cleans amp and while it does have it's shortfalls I consider it a decent amp but it is a tad pricey for what it is. What genres do you play?
it would change it. And no that amp isnt too loud for bedroom. However, my friend has one of these and it was the noisiest piece of craps I have ever heard. For the money ($300), you might as well get a epiphone valve junior or something. Sounds much better and you can crank it because it is just 5W. Look into smaller tube amps if you are just playing in the bedroom. What kind of music do you play btw?
FS LTD EC-50 with GFS PowerRails Bridge pickup
Quote by aiur55
it would change it. And no that amp isnt too loud for bedroom. However, my friend has one of these and it was the noisiest piece of craps I have ever heard. For the money ($300), you might as well get a epiphone valve junior or something. Sounds much better and you can crank it because it is just 5W. Look into smaller tube amps if you are just playing in the bedroom. What kind of music do you play btw?

You can't crank 5 watts in your average bedroom. 5w cranked is louder than a trumpet. But the Frontman series is overall a piece of ****. Once your ear develops you'll hate yourself if you buy it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
honestly, i wouldn't go more than 15watts for a ss amp that's being used for bedroom practice but if you plan on jamming with a drummer or something then get the 65R. 100 watts is too much for anything.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
honestly, i wouldn't go more than 15watts for a ss amp that's being used for bedroom practice but if you plan on jamming with a drummer or something then get the 65R. 100 watts is too much for anything.

100w is not too much for anything, especially when it's an SS amp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Set fail on the SS Fail.

Getit?

TS - That's a big no from me on the Frontman.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
you will hate yourself for buying that amp. its easily one of the worst amps going right now. it would be MUCH better for you to go out and get a used Bugera tube amp or something for that price.
Ok, so i mostly play alot of alternative music like incubus, rhcp, death cab for cutie, and i also like alot of indie rock. So what do you guys suggest. i cant go above 400 dollars
v22 or valve king
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
I gigged extensivly with a Fender Frontman, good little amps. Played bunch of shows with it. It takes pedals well, cleans are imaculate. The distortion leaves a lot be desired, but you can get a great pedal.

But I will say that a Valve Jr and 1X12 cab would a better bet, youd still need pedal for anything other than volume. The Frotmen are great, but if your going to be spending 300 dollars, there's better bang for your buck elsewhere.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
^The Frontman series are not great. Sorry. They are over priced and lack any kind of decent tones clean or otherwise.

They work good for multi-effects pedals and that's it imo. That's what I used my FM212 for.

Quote by tubetime86
Set fail on the SS Fail.

I think you meant Set sail not set fail.

TS - for the stuff you play and your budget I'd look into the following amps new. Used, you can find great amps in that price range like Fender Blues Jrs and Peavey Classic 30s.

New:
B52 AT60 112
Vypyr 60 112 if you can stretch to $450
Peavey Windsor half stack $400
Epi Valve Jr as mentioned.
Fender SuperChamp $320
etc
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Oct 12, 2009,
Quote by DannyV783
Ok, so i mostly play alot of alternative music like incubus, rhcp, death cab for cutie, and i also like alot of indie rock. So what do you guys suggest. i cant go above 400 dollars

I think you will have to go used.
Here are some suggestions:
Traynor YCV 40
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Fender Blues Junior
I suggest a bugera v22 instead, plenty loud for a practice with a drummer, sounds great and takes pedals well.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Is that 400 US dollars. Orange combo 15. No idea if that works with your caurrency. Im guessing its close though. I would recomended 15 watt tube amps over a 100w SS.
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

I think a Vox Valvetronix would suit your needs nicely.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."