so i bought an old 1930's acoustic today that has been sitting in a closet forever and the strings had been on there for years. the fretboard cleaned up nice with some lemon oil but what can i use to get all the stuck on dirt off of the body?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
guitar polish i use dunlops one
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Naphtha. It's a type of lighter fluid, but it works amazingly well as a guitar cleaner. Just don't smoke while you're cleaning.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
Naphtha. It's a type of lighter fluid, but it works amazingly well as a guitar cleaner. Just don't smoke while you're cleaning.
ew.

try windex.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I prefer my lighter fluid. Smells better than Windex, that's for sure.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310

i second that. naphtha works pretty damn good. cuts thru a lot of gunk.
The polish Gibson make is extremely good. It's more expensive than lighter fluid or naptha (although I can see some real advantages to using those, specially if you want to ignite your guitar and pretend to be Hendrix ) but it's great and goes a long way. It even has a a bit of nitro-cellulose in it which can't be a bad thing, it helps fill the scratches.
A lot of domestic cleaners have additives that I wouldn't want on my expensive guitars, the Gibson stuff has worked well for me for years.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification