I'm looking for a song with two requirements:

1. Does not require extreme finger speed. I'm still learning here

2. Has as many different things for practice as possible. Hammer-ons, pull-offs, bends, and vibrato are the main ones I'm looking to work on.

I've been practicing on the small snippets in the instruction book, but I'd like to see if anyone knows of a song I could learn that would help me practice these things but not require blazing speed.

I like classic rock and blues mainly, and that's what I'll concentrate on eventually, but as for now, any music will be fine, so long as I'm getting to learn a real song.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Last edited by bkmurff at Oct 12, 2009,
scar tissue by the chillies has lots of vibrato in the solo
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
Last edited by bellamy_morello at Oct 12, 2009,
Any genre is fine. Although I like classic rock and blues best, I still like other music as well.

I want to find a good learning song so I can enjoy not only playing the guitar, but learning a full song as well. The most I've had to remember so far is about 1 page...and most of that repeated itself
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Trademark - Eric Johnson.

There's bends, vibrato, hammer-ons, pull-offs. There is a little section of the solo that is moderately fast, but not too terribly fast.
Thanks, I've already printed off the Tabs for two of those and they don't look to overwhelming...just what I was looking for...I love UG!!
- Stephen F. Roberts
Say it aint so by Weezer has all that. Plus its a kick ass song
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
The intro to Jack Johnson's Flake could be exactly what you're looking for. The opening solo bits of Joe Satriani - Always With Me, Always With You are great for developing your vibrato and expression as well. There's also the iconic main riff of Back In Black for some bending and pull-off work!
Joe Satriani - Cryin'
Gary Moore - The Loner
They're slow enough to practice adding your own personal touch and developing your own style.