So I've been looking for a tube amp to fit my needs and i really can't seem to find anything. I play a lot of classic rock (Zeppelin, Hendrix, Clapton, Beatles etc) and I was really in love the with tone of the $600 AC15 from Vox. However the noise on it seems to be too big at low volumes for my current living situation, and it doesn't have a headphone jack unfortunately.

I'm looking at buying the bugera v22 (which sounds ok but not great, but is half the price) but I don't know if I can run headphones out of the back of it with an 1/4" adaptor. My other idea was to use my pocket pod on the tube setting and buy a couple of nice pedals (reverb, blues crunch, wha wha etc) that fit my style and play them through the pod on a clean setting. Does anyone have a good tube amp with voxish tones that I can use headphones with to suggest, or is bugera as close as I'm going to get?
Vox AC4

You can reduce it to 1/4 of a watt, and it sounds great for that kinda music. I don't know if you can use headphones, but it is really quiet, I tried one at GC yesterday.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Can't use headphones with it but the Vox AC4 is switchable down to 1/4 watts. Should be quiet enough.

Edit: beaten to it
Blackstar HT-5. Google for some clips, but you can set it to a British voicing to get the tones you want.
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy
agreed with the blackstar. i have one in my little apartment. sounds pretty damn decent at low volumes, esp. with an EQ pedal. but be warned: it is loud. no raging halfstack here, but put the volume at 12 Oclock and my walls and ceiling do shake.
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
Quote by cthuludawn21
agreed with the blackstar. i have one in my little apartment. sounds pretty damn decent at low volumes, esp. with an EQ pedal. but be warned: it is loud. no raging halfstack here, but put the volume at 12 Oclock and my walls and ceiling do shake.

Quote by nedthehead
Blackstar HT-5. Google for some clips, but you can set it to a British voicing to get the tones you want.

Seriously? He wants Vox sound, as quiet as possible and people are still suggesting the Blackstar. I get that it's a great amp, but everytime there's a small tube amp thread this thing gets more press than MJ's death. Not trying to call you two out, but I'm just saying people need to start looking outside of the HT-5 when people ask about these.

If you can try them, then yes, definitely try the HT-5. But the AC4 is exactly what you want.
AC4. It has more of the tone your looking for than the HT-5.
1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
wouldnt you need an EQ with the AC4?
and some pedals?
and does it have an effects loop?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by namesroverrated
Vox AC4

You can reduce it to 1/4 of a watt, and it sounds great for that kinda music. I don't know if you can use headphones, but it is really quiet, I tried one at GC yesterday.

+1 to a Killer little amp!
I recommend an AxeFx or Pod X3 with a decent set of headphones and headphone amplifier.
Quote by Carrot
wouldnt you need an EQ with the AC4?
and some pedals?
and does it have an effects loop?

1. HELL NO
2. Only pedals you want, like delay, fuzz, reverb, flanger, etc.
3. No effects loop, but its unlikely that you'll find one in a 5w on a tight budget.

I love my AC4 and it will do everything you want of it. No need for the headphone jack IMO, I live in the dorm at Uni and have roommates; it's hasn't been an issue yet.

I suggest getting the head and a nice 2x12. Not that the combo is bad, because it is amazing, but just because it sets you up for buying heads later.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Vox VT15, or whatever they're smallest modeller is, those things are great and can be really quiet if you keep the attuenator on the back lowered. Or maybe a Super Champ XD, those sound good aswell.
Quote by namesroverrated
Vox AC4

This

It is not a very loud amp, especially on the 1/4W setting, but it's perfect for what you need.

I just played one myself a few days ago, it is a kickass little amp.

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Hughes and kettner blues master
Blackheart killer ant
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Quote by BobDetroit
Just bring your neighbors some donuts. Works pretty well..

Unless you live next to Yngwie. Then it mightn't be such a good idea.
Quote by slickerthnsleek

win.

Well, no point me giving another rec to the AC4, but the super champ is deifnatly work a look at too, awesome amps.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
There is a solution. Buy the Blackstar HT-5. Then adopt a large Rottweiler or Pit Bull Terrier from your local animal shelter. Then you can crank the Blackstar as loud as you like and your neighbors won't give you a minute's trouble.

Just don't let the dog pee on your new amp.
Quote by slickerthnsleek

Googled it, I lol'd.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.